Who is of an age where, 'real chips' were just, chips?

Magicpole

Team supported
Celtic
What's going on in this country when you want a plate of chips and you have to ask if they're 'real'?

Places advertise they are 'real' as if this is a culinary breakthrough on a par with deep fried mars bars. Or indeed, my Italian seafood linguine.

When I was a lad, it was just fucking chips.

Can imagine the scene.

Mum: Magic come in I have made a lovely plate of chips for you.

Magic: Are they real mum?

Mum: Get in here before I break your fucking jaw.

We are being taken to the cleaners.

There I've said it.

My wife has friens who live in Kew..proper nobs the pair of them. A couple of years ago they came to stay for a week and on the second day I was cooking tea for all our kids. The husband had a habit of hovering in the kitchen getting under my feet. As I was preparing to make the chips for the kids he said to me 'Oh, is that a chip pan?' No I said, but it is the pan I cook chips in. 'Oh' says he, 'Ive never seen anyone cook chips before'. Then proceeds to call his wife in to have a look, and she declared she had never seen anyone cook chips either. They looked at me like I was about to cook the dog. I have not spoken to either of them since.

In the days of proper chips from the chippy those of us who partook enjoyed scraps and potato scallops.

In the days of proper chips from the chippy those of us who partook enjoyed scraps and potato scallops.

Potato scallops were the appetiser you ate on the way home from the pub before you got stuck into the enormous pile of food you bought because your eyes were too big when you were drunk :)

Another thing is the cubed chicken many takeouts use in their curries. When I order I always ask if it's real chicken or cubed chicken.

My wife has friens who live in Kew..proper nobs the pair of them. A couple of years ago they came to stay for a week and on the second day I was cooking tea for all our kids. The husband had a habit of hovering in the kitchen getting under my feet. As I was preparing to make the chips for the kids he said to me 'Oh, is that a chip pan?' No I said, but it is the pan I cook chips in. 'Oh' says he, 'Ive never seen anyone cook chips before'. Then proceeds to call his wife in to have a look, and she declared she had never seen anyone cook chips either. They looked at me like I was about to cook the dog. I have not spoken to either of them since.

Pair of doss cunts. Some people.

Potato scallops were the appetiser you ate on the way home from the pub before you got stuck into the enormous pile of food you bought because your eyes were too big when you were drunk :)

Another thing is the cubed chicken many takeouts use in their curries. When I order I always ask if it's real chicken or cubed chicken.

The amount of times I have woken up in a chair covered in food, with enough still in cartons to feed a rugby team, is embarrassing.

What the fuck is that all about?

The amount of times I have woken up in a chair covered in food, with enough still in cartons to feed a rugby team, is embarrassing.

What the fuck is that all about?

A pie to walk home with 2 lots of chips with another pie a jumbo sausage some gravy and curry, no wonder chippies made a killing next to pubs, it's easy done mate :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.