Centre back options

I am not sure what you mean by this comment. May you elaborate it for me please?

I suggest that City signing Dele Alli* to compensate from the sale/loan of Delph, who quite frankly is not good enough to play for our team and one we cannot afford to take up a valuable squad place within City, especially due to the restrictions that are in place.

*If Pep is going to stick with having 2 Attacking Midfielders in a starting XI, he is going to need to have 4 Attacking Midfielders within his squad (to provide enough cover and depth) when he currently has 3 (KDB, D.Silva and B.Silva)

If Pep wants to win a Treble/Quadruple, he is going to have to expand the squad within the regulations in question, likewise despite the state of the England team at the moment there are enough number of HG players who can be considered to be WC (such as Kane and Alli) who enable us to expand the squad and still allow it to be full of WC players. The only problem is the price the club would have to play to get such players (especially from Spurs)

We can only have 4 HG players. If we have 5 English players over the age of 21 in the squad one will take up 1 of the 17 foreign spots.

City is not signing Dele Alli. The fact you think they would sell to us is bizarre.

Pep likes small squads. Pep has typically had small squads. Pep has won the treble with small squads. I don't see an issue.

Thought he was a bit weak one on one defensively to be honest not a positioning thing but maybe full backs will let that situation arise less frequently, but basically I hope he improves, he's still pretty young.

On numerous occasions I watched Stones back of the attacker, whilst waiting for back-up to help out but the full backs were just too slow to get back.

I'd rather be defended like that with Walker and Mendy's recovery pace than commit himself to the tackle.

I think we'll see a brand new player next season!

Just spoke to the Mangler at a player meet and greet at the team hotel. He doesn't even know if he's staying!!!! Oh and Silva told me he is not fit for tomorrow but should feature on saturday.

On numerous occasions I watched Stones back of the attacker, whilst waiting for back-up to help out but the full backs were just too slow to get back.

I'd rather be defended like that with Walker and Mendy's recovery pace than commit himself to the tackle.

I think we'll see a brand new player next season!
Hope you're right mate, I like Stones and will keep my fingers crossed.

Just spoke to the Mangler at a player meet and greet at the team hotel. He doesn't even know if he's staying!!!! Oh and Silva told me he is not fit for tomorrow but should feature on saturday.
Perhaps Pep hasn't made a final decision yet, if we can't get his preferred CB maybe we will stick with Mangala until Jan at least.

Perhaps Pep hasn't made a final decision yet, if we can't get his preferred CB maybe we will stick with Mangala until Jan at least.
The impression I got was that he was more likely to be used as cover for left back than as a center back.

If I bet I would bet Badstuber

Chances of him and Kompany being injured at the same time?

Don't answer that.

If we get Mbappe I'd be shocked if we got a CB too. So I'd expect Mangala to stay and I'd be happy with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.