Samir Nasri

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Any player who fecks off mid season should be shown the door irrespective of ability

That would Pretty much be the case for most players but a compromise was reached for the sole purpose of winning the league and that's where I had no issue with City bringing him back in as they dealt with the issue and had mutual agreement on how to move forward. He stayed another season and I didn't really hear much of an issue then left, I feel City dealt with the whole situation well once he'd gone AWOL, you could find other varying factors behind bringing him back such as avoiding having to buy his contract out and being able to sell him on etc. You always want to avoid this type of thing but big egos are attached to quality players and this is where Nasri differs from Tevez, Nasri has never been consistently quality. He always fades in and out. I'm glad we have Pep now who is adamant that the players he has drop the ego and perform to their fullest for the betterment of the team and that may see players like Tevez not even be signed and I'm cool with that.

I like Nasri but every manager in the last 6 years has had issues with him Started with Mancini he's obviously got some sort of problem.

Yep, he's in a profession where you really have to grow up early and he's yet to do so. Still wants to be that party boy and live it up in the world of the celebrities yet has this sense of entitlement on the football pitch when he doesn't put in half the effort of his teammates. All the power to him if he wants to live that sort of life but if he wants to remain at the pinnacle of football then he has to grow up and work harder.

He's talented but toxic.
Was he under Mancini? Was he under Pellegrini? Is he now?

Beyond paper talk I see little evidence that Nasri is any less liked than anyone else at the club. We've hardly kicked him out of the door in 6 years, and when he went on loan it was by his choice, supposedly.

There's a fair chance Nasri's head wasn't in the right place last summer and now he's back in the frame of mind to offer something to us.

Were giving him a shop window, but it's obvious he's not being given that cold a shoulder by City.

I like Nasri as a player, but don't see him replacing any of the expected 17 non home grown so its a bit irrelevant, who would he replace from
Ederson, Bravo, Denilo, Mendy, Kompany, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Toure, Gundogan, Silva, Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero, Sane, Jesus , Sanchez, New CB .

I like Nasri as a player, but don't see him replacing any of the expected 17 non home grown so its a bit irrelevant, who would he replace from
Ederson, Bravo, Denilo, Mendy, Kompany, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Toure, Gundogan, Silva, Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero, Sane, Jesus , Sanchez, New CB .
If no Sanchez and no new CB then add in Nasri and Mangala. Simples.

He's talented but toxic.
I think that may be overstating it a bit. He can be a pain in the arse no doubt and I'm sure that will be taken into account when any decision is made but I'd have thought there's a decent chance that a man manager of Pep's calibre would fancy his chances of being able to get Nasri in the right frame of mind. If we get Sanchez Pep probably won't bother his arse even trying with him but if we don't then he's an option and if Pep can bring out the best in him then we have a fine player available again.

If no Sanchez and no new CB then add in Nasri and Mangala. Simples.

If no new CB then Mangala slots in. If no Sanchez then we'll go for another goalscorer, Nasri isn't the type of player that spot is allocated for. We need a player that's going to score not another creator/dictator.

I disagree. Any player who fecks off mid season should be shown the door irrespective of ability
Not as black and white as that. IMO Mancini provoked that situation unnecessarily - and I speak as a huge fan of Bobby Manc. Apart from that (albeit important) aberration, Tevez sweated blood for us week in week out. I'd take that all day long over someone who could barely be arsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.