Samir Nasri

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, sorry. he was good. I saw him pressing and closing their backline numerous times pretty hard.

haha, sorry. he was good. I saw him pressing and closing their backline numerous times pretty hard.
The fact that you pick a game where he actually put in the workrate defensively(without being spectacular) and were surprised by it says it all, also Real were just as poor as us over those legs, both sides were flat.

The fact that you pick a game where he actually put in the workrate defensively(without being spectacular) and were surprised by it says it all, also Real were just as poor as us over those legs, both sides were flat.
There have been phases of his time with us where he has put in decent effort with closing down etc IMO but also phases where he has been really lacking. I wouldn't label him as lazy per se just very unreliable generally. Personally I rate him and wouldn't be against him getting another chance with us but I think choosing to fuck off on loan last season was a very bad sign and I wouldn't blame Pep at all if he chose not give him a chance this season.

There have been phases of his time with us where he has put in decent effort with closing down etc IMO but also phases where he has been really lacking. I wouldn't label him as lazy per se just very unreliable generally. Personally I rate him and wouldn't be against him getting another chance with us but I think choosing to fuck off on loan last season was a very bad sign and I wouldn't blame Pep at all if he chose not give him a chance this season.
It might be his general level of fitness more than anything, we can't be sure but he's been consistently inconsistent like that throughout his career, he's class at times I'd agree but he would need to adapt and change a little for this system and I'm not sure he would. Yaya surprised quite a few people as I've already said and he's come back this summer in great shape I'm hoping he is raring to go this season, I'd hate to see him look at Nasri and start easing off if we kept them both another season.

Tevez at least was 100% involved on the park and Yaya has had his moments but he's shown way more desire to change than Nasri ever has. Nasri can be a pain both on and off the field. He's the one who has to prove himself to Pep and we all know Pep doesn't tolerate attitudes like Nasri's which is why we seen Yaya buck up and focus a lot more
Except when AWOL

Except when AWOL

And whilst AWOL he wasn't there to disrupt moral within the team but when he came back he focused and put in the effort on the park every single game, something Nasri seems incapable of doing for a full season, that was my point.

Hopefully he is showing enough in these pre-season games to draw some attention from one or two clubs.

5pjslt.jpg

Last edited:
And whilst AWOL he wasn't there to disrupt moral within the team but when he came back he focused and put in the effort on the park every single game, something Nasri seems incapable of doing for a full season, that was my point.
Agree but let's not make out Tevez was the perfect team player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.