Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Seriously what do some people want ? First game of the season away from home v bouncing crowd
Totally dominated, scored 2 and a clean sheet
YaYa might have been more effective v a parked bus, yeah ok he might have but did he know they would play like that ? A lot on here were saying they might come at us before the game.
Soon people will be moaning if we let the opposition have a kick of the ball FFS
So many positive things to take from today and people just come on here moan and criticise
You get right on my tits

Generally against poor sides, which they are, it is not vital as eventually the class will tell. These sides never learn because last season it was the teams that went at us that caused us problems due to our iffy defence and poor keeper.

It was our record against the top 6/7 last season that cost us and its those games we need to improve in. We need to take the clear chances that come our way against the better sides as we won't get many.

I expected a win today and we got one. Nothing spectacular but solid and deserved.

I think we need to be prepared for lots of these types of games. Stretch them with passing and possession and eventually we will score. Even at 2-0, Brighton didn't open up. Not getting hammered in their first game was their only goal today.

Agree. Definitely not the last of games of this kind this season.

Obviously it isn't. We won 2-0.
Are you sure? Reading most of the bollocks on here suggests that Brighton have appealed and the Premier League have reversed the result! I cannot believe the number of smacked areses on here. If a journalist was writing half this stuff, the media bias thread would be going into overdrive.
As for people complaining about Brighton 'parking the bus', I can only assume none of them ever watched us pre 2008. We often attempted to park that bus (we weren't very good at it, admittedly). 19th August 2007 rings a bell, when we best the rags 1-0 with one shot on target and, that aside, got an absolute mauling!

Good, solid victory today for City in a game where they were on a hiding to nothing.
A bit laboured at times, particularly in the first half but this is to be expected against a parked bus on the opening day of the season. Think Brighton probably allowed the grass to grow a bit extra too in order to prevent City moving the ball as quickly as they'd like.
Can only see you getting better as the season progresses.

I dont agree... Yaya would not change our game today... and ferna was not at fault for our ball tempo ...

Not sure how you can say that, the difference between the speed of our play with Yaya and with Fernandinho are night and day. Yay also allows Silva to play further forward because he doesn't have to be the creator from deep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.