2018 transfer window will shut before the start of the PL season

Premier League clubs can't buy anyone but can still sell players.

It's a shit proposal.

I have no idea why most of the Premier League clubs would agree to this. Doesn't affect us because we don't sell players but for most of the league it doesn't stop European clubs coming and nicking your best players, it just puts you in a situation where you can't replace the player you lose. Yeah you can say you're not selling but if your player starts kicking up a fuss it puts you in a shit situation.

It's a shit proposal.

I have no idea why most of the Premier League clubs would agree to this. Doesn't affect us because we don't sell players but for most of the league it doesn't stop European clubs coming and nicking your best players, it just puts you in a situation where you can't replace the player you lose. Yeah you can say you're not selling but if your player starts kicking up a fuss it puts you in a shit situation.

I would think it would strengthen the resolve of Premier League clubs. If they can't replace, they're in an even stronger position to say no, or then justify asking for stupid money. It wouldn't stop bigger foreign clubs trying to buy your players, but just would mean you wouldn't have situations with Coutinho and Sanchez where their heads are elsewhere whilst the league has started.

I would liken it to Atletico - once they got their transfer ban they were able to tell the rags to do one and that Griezman was going nowhere...

Needs to be for all of uefa or the big clubs outside of the PL will wait until the English window closes and offer great wages to whoever they want and put the PL clubs in a bind. Imagine Madrid or PSG going after Jesus or someone like that just to weaken a CL team and City cannot bring in a replacement.

It's a shit proposal.

I think you misunderstand the proposal. The idea is that the window for deals between the Premier League clubs closes before the start of the season but that deals between Premier League and European clubs can continue until the European window closes

It's a shit proposal.

Yea,once it closes,it closes,end of ,no buying or selling,I reckon it should open on 1 June and close 31 July,ample time for everyone that

Needs to be for all of uefa or the big clubs outside of the PL will wait until the English window closes and offer great wages to whoever they want and put the PL clubs in a bind. Imagine Madrid or PSG going after Jesus or someone like that just to weaken a CL team and City cannot bring in a replacement.

I don't see Madrid bidding for one our players just to weaken us. They'd see that as being beneath them. When they bid for a player their priority is to conclude the deal, failed bids take a bit of gloss off their image. If they want to buy Jesus they will start bidding for him earlier because they would know that once the PL transfer window closes there would be less chance of City selling him. They would also want to move on a player or two once they've made a major signing. That would be more difficult after the PL window closed because there would be much less transfer activity. Buying by PL clubs is a major factor in driving the churn of players. Most European clubs would want to conclude their transfer business before the PL window closes.

My guess is that the PL are assuming that if we bring forward our transfer deadline day, the other leagues will follow suit.

I've been saying this should happen for years and I also think the January window should be scrapped.

You have what you have for the season from Day1-38 and that's that.

It's rubbish if it's only domestic.

Look at Liverpool with Coutinho, or Barcelona with Neymar - selling but not being able to replace would be ludicrous to support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.