2018 transfer window will shut before the start of the PL season

Seems sensible to me. It's a nightmare to have the window open and players getting tapped up while having to play important games.

Finally a decision for the managers

too many people concerned about Europe not doing to the same.. Who cares about what the rest of Europe do? Brexit and the ENGLISH Premier League all the way !!! we are trailblazers in this country, the best and most exciting League, and will continue to be because we have our own unique style and culture.

No club in England will be forced to sell players after the window shuts, not with the money in our league. So once it's shut it's shut IMO. The rest of Europe can poncy around still trading with each other while Britain gets on with serious football.

Some people just love to oppose revolutionary change for the sake of it. Embrace the fact the English Premier League is a trendsetter and see what happens.

Last edited:
Scrap Transfer Deadline Day on Sky too.. nothing ever happens, apart from when we signed Robinho.. when was the last good Deadline day? Sky and Jim White have stealed a living off the back of City getting taken over by a billionaire.

As I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong....The domestic window shuts before the season starts whilst the European is allowed to continue to its statutory closing date...?

If that's the case its elitist and increasing the gap between the so called big boys and everyone else.

Stupid move, it won't really affect City much but it's just weakening the position of our league (especially as sellers) compared to the rest of europe. There's no genuine benefit either.

And it'll hurt newly promoted sides who have less off an offseason and a much smaller scouting budget way more than the established prem sides.

As I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong....The domestic window shuts before the season starts whilst the European is allowed to continue to its statutory closing date...?

If that's the case its elitist and increasing the gap between the so called big boys and everyone else.

Clubs can still sell to European clubs but can't buy from them. But do people really think any of our clubs would be forced to sell if they can't buy a replacement? not with the money in our League, Sky won't be 'aving it.

From the outside it looks like weakening the League, but when everyone is focused on the football and the jealous eyes from the rest of Europe are envying our product, we will prove why we are the best League because we don't do a "group decision" for the rest of Europe, we are strong enough to do our own decisions and the rest can follow, a leader.

Clubs can still sell to European clubs but can't buy from them. But do people really think any of our clubs would be forced to sell if they can't buy a replacement? not with the money in our League, Sky won't be 'aving it.
thank you for the correction.

Seems a bit fucked up. the only winners in my eyes would be the Jorge Mendez's of the world.

thank you for the correction.

Seems a bit fucked up. the only winners in my eyes would be the Jorge Mendez's of the world.

Possibly, but transfers always overshadow the football in August so atleast the focus will be on the actual football.

It seems common sense.. I mean 2 months should be plenty for any club to conclude transfers in this day and age, even in a World Cup year

Having to start the season with the team you built when the window closes seems fair, as the mega rich clubs ala Chelsea can't compensate a poor start with a last minute splurge.. a decision for the mangers and the "Little Guys" for once - it's always been about the big teams and money so this should be applauded for it's fairness.

The 1st of September is an arbitrary day - Clubs could implement this themselves, it's just bad planning by clubs that they end up dashing around at the end

Also, other leagues will still be able to buy from the Premier League so could leave some in trouble

Yep, clubs to still be haggling over transfers when the season has started is exactly as you say, bad planning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.