What Causes Autism?

It's just us being human beings, everyone is different, everyone has a different outlook on life, different dreams, thoughts, ideas etc etc. A while ago we just got on with it but in today's society everything has to have a label or a name to justify it. The Autism spectrum is so broad I would imagine it would be very hard to pinpoint an exact cause.

My guess...

It's a human condition heightened by the world we live in.

You don't know me, so you've no idea how old I am or if my view on this is from social media or was formed 30+ years ago well before the age of Twitter
You also don't know anything about my family history

And with that, I will leave the thread
He knows you've no interest in facts and evidence.

Imagine ignoring all scientific evidence that it has nothing to do with autism and choosing to believe conspiracy theorists who aren't qualified in such field.

Oh dear.

Pretty sure there is documented evidence linking Autism with the amount of Testosterone in the woman's body whilst the baby is developing in the womb.

It's just us being human beings, everyone is different, everyone has a different outlook on life, different dreams, thoughts, ideas etc etc. A while ago we just got on with it but in today's society everything has to have a label or a name to justify it. The Autism spectrum is so broad I would imagine it would be very hard to pinpoint an exact cause.

My guess...

It's a human condition heightened by the world we live in.
I think this is largely true - as we've become more aware of the condition and make it known and look for it - of course we find more and more cases.

A large part of the perceived increased incidence of autism is likely due to exactly this - recognizing the condition, looking for it and thus finding it more often.

That said - perhaps there is some sort of environmental/genetic/who knows what trigger for a rise in autism.

Time will tell as science gets at the issue.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.