Girona - Post match Thread

I didn't think he was that bad in possession considering there were a fair few around him seriously under performing, he's big fast and powerful and after he was left exposed he put in a few good tackles. Arguably our best performer.
His lack of decent options in front of him may well have played a part but he looked tentative to me when making passes. I like the lad and hope he gets a decent move because there's plenty of teams who could do worse than have him starting - I just don't think we are one of those teams.

Still think if anything happened to Kompany we would be fooked. Doesn't matter how much we spend on CB's we always need another. Should bite the bullet and get VVD.

His lack of decent options in front of him may well have played a part but he looked tentative to me when making passes. I like the lad and hope he gets a decent move because there's plenty of teams who could do worse than have him starting - I just don't think we are one of those teams.
Personally I wouldn't bin him off just yet still think he could be an asset against certain teams that play with bullying quick forwards, well not until Stones learns to give a bit out.

That side will not have practised for the match all the concentration will have been on the Brighton match and then the Everton match, I don't think the performance matters really though it would obviously have been nice to see a good one.In the second half I thought there was some decent play at times.
On an individual basis I thought Mangala looked good defensively unfortunately his use of the ball was not great though our movement of the ball was not great either for the backs to be making passes.
Although Foden looked a bit light weight I don't quite get the heavy criticism he consistently showed for the ball and would have probably done a lot better with the first team moving around him.
I thought Sterlings movement was consistently good though he is not really someone who can lead the line and having Brahim beside him didn't help.

Looks like Roberts Zinchencko Delph & Nasri won't be featuring this season otherwise they would have had a run out.

Been thinking this for a while now, and I honestly don't get the big fuss about Gabriel Jesus

Was really hoping we'd have played 433 in this one to give hope that we're not going to stick with this utterly boring formation, meaning our most exciting players are stuck on the bench, but no. Fingers crossed we see it soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.