It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right thread, but anyone more than a little concerned about our depth? I think we've had a great window but a few things concern me:

• Defense: 3 at the back is going to be used, at least some of the time. This requires a natural RWB and LWB, and we've seen Danilo doesn't have much of a left foot. So we're thin there. More worryingly is our CB's. Kompany still hasn't proven he can stay fit, Stones has the quality but is prone to mental gaffes, as is Otamendi who is excruciatingly inconsistent. After that, Tosin is unproven, and it doesn't seem like Pep wants Mangala around. It just seems like madness going into the season with 3 true CB's (1 with major injury concerns) if we're planning to play 3 at the back
  • Midfield: I know Pep isn't going to play with a true DM, so call it a Pivot or whatever but we seem light on a midfielder playing centrally with some defensive responsibilities. Fernandinho and Gundogan are great, but one is getting up there in age, and the other is coming off his second major injury. I'm not trusting Yaya there, and Delph is a perma-crock.
  • Striker: Just Aguero and Jesus, who again are both class, but both come with injury concerns (and some finishing woes). It seems pretty obvious we need a third striker. Sane, Sterling, etc. can play there but that doesn't seem ideal long term.
So yeah, sorry for the long post, but it seems like we're short 3 first teamers. There are a lot of "what ifs" in the scenarios above but at the moment I think we're being overly reliant on players with significant injury histories.

I said yesterday that to get to 3000 posts like Tolmie suggested it would in the next week it'd have to be somebody fucking amazing or somebody fucking shite. Think we have our answer.

I said yesterday that to get to 3000 posts like Tolmie suggested it would in the next week it'd have to be somebody fucking amazing or somebody fucking shite. Think we have our answer.
If the BBC report that, we'll get to 5000 never mind 3000.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but anyone more than a little concerned about our depth? I think we've had a great window but a few things concern me:

• Defense: 3 at the back is going to be used, at least some of the time. This requires a natural RWB and LWB, and we've seen Danilo doesn't have much of a left foot. So we're thin there. More worryingly is our CB's. Kompany still hasn't proven he can stay fit, Stones has the quality but is prone to mental gaffes, as is Otamendi who is excruciatingly inconsistent. After that, Tosin is unproven, and it doesn't seem like Pep wants Mangala around. It just seems like madness going into the season with 3 true CB's (1 with major injury concerns) if we're planning to play 3 at the back
  • Midfield: I know Pep isn't going to play with a true DM, so call it a Pivot or whatever but we seem light on a midfielder playing centrally with some defensive responsibilities. Fernandinho and Gundogan are great, but one is getting up there in age, and the other is coming off his second major injury. I'm not trusting Yaya there, and Delph is a perma-crock.
  • Striker: Just Aguero and Jesus, who again are both class, but both come with injury concerns (and some finishing woes). It seems pretty obvious we need a third striker. Sane, Sterling, etc. can play there but that doesn't seem ideal long term.
So yeah, sorry for the long post, but it seems like we're short 3 first teamers. There are a lot of "what ifs" in the scenarios above but at the moment I think we're being overly reliant on players with significant injury histories.
If we'd kept Iheanacho and Kolarov our current business would make sense.

As it is we now need upgrades on those two for their roles in the squad and one must be home grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.