Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
About as good. Tick.
Younger. Tick.
Not a die hard Rag. Tick.

Not home grown. Tick.

It suggests to me that we have a couple of foreign signings still to come in. In that case there wouldn't be a place in the squad for Mangala and so we'd need to replace him a HG player.

In either case, Gaurdiola has seen something in him that leads him to think that he can be a valuable part of the squad. I'm sure most blues give him a chance and see how it pans out (assuming we do sign him of course).

131 appearances in 9 years for scum. Not for me thanks. Even an average of 20 games a season is 180. He didn't win a CL either as is being said

Rather see Denayer have a go at it. Not gonna cry if Evans does come but as 4th choice and only that

Not really. Just don't sign anyone if this is what we can afford. I doubt Real Madrid are thinking they've missed out. These guys like Delph and Bony hang around for years with nobody willing to sign them. He doesn't improve us.
He doesn't improve our starting XI but he fills a big hole in our squad depth, our homegrown list and potentially our dressing room. And he could certainly improve Stones and Tosin.

The point being that no-one knew we were interested, therefore nobody commented on it. Now it is "news" people have a right to express their opinions as to whether it is a good idea or not, as have you. I just thought it was a bit arsey and unfair to ask the question that you did.

Not at all. Perfectly legit to ask anyone who now thinks its a good move if they thought so beforehand, and if so whether they suggested it. Fans often say they want players the club hasn't been linked to. Not sure why you view that is arsey.

I am keeping an open mind.

It was only 3 weeks ago people were having a meltdown over signing a Real Madrid reject for £26m.

Whether he played for the rags is irrelevant. Tevez did. He's now in City folklore.

The question is if he is good enough to be the 3rd or 4th choice centre back.

If not then who else? Pep clearly doesn't rate Mangala so who would people get for £18m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.