Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee fought against the US. I don't get how that is so hard to understand, it was called the Civil War and is in all the history books.
Yes, it most certainly is, and the point I'm laboriously trying to make, is that Lee was never some rabid racist akin to
Adolph, his ideas and attitudes were no different in any way shape or form to the long established good guys like Abraham Lincoln.
Yet many of your countrymen appear to be of the belief that anyone who fought for the South should immediately
be branded as a fervent supporter of the KKK.
Many of these idiots trashing statues know absolutely jack shit about their country's past, and they are exactly the same
as the mindless UAF crackpots that infest these shores. Recent events have thrown up the cretinous Nazi inspired vermin
who are now becoming a serious problem, but vandalism and mob destruction of property is symptomatic of both creeds.

Last edited:
This is another point that is constantly brought up w/o telling the whole story. The words "republican" or "democrat" are just that, words. In the mid-19th century the republicans emerged as the party of abolitionists while the democrats ruled the slave-owning south. The ideologies of the parties shifted through the years and then in the 1960's president Johnson (a democrat from Texas) signed the Civil Rights Act. After which he proclaimed "We (democrats) just lost the south". Almost immediately the southern democrats (aka dixiecrats) left the party and became republicans. So, while the party is still called the republican party it has nothing to do with civil rights and works tirelessly to disenfranchise and take advantage of minorities.
Some great points.

Yes, it most certainly is, and the point I'm laboriously trying to make, is that Lee was never some rabid racist akin to
Adolph, his ideas and attitudes were no different in any way shape or form to the long established good guys like Abraham Lincoln.
Yet many of your countrymen appear to be of the belief that anyone who fought for the South should immediately
be branded as a fervent supporter of the KKK.
Many of these idiots trashing statues know absolutely jack shit about their country's past, and they are exactly the same
as the mindless UAF crackpots that infest these shores. Recent events have thrown up the cretinous Nazi inspired vermin
who are now becoming a serious problem, but vandalism and mob destruction of property is symptomatic of both creeds.

Seriously? You seriously can't understand why Americans think it's a bad idea to erect monuments to people who fought against and killed hundreds of thousands of Americans? What the actual fuck does it matter if all southerners weren't racists. If Hitler wasn't a racist but he was just power hungry and wanted to annex all of Europe would that make the people his armies killed any less dead?

So by your logic if Churchill had any racist tendencies (or really any tendency that is considered distasteful today) it would make it okay for people in England to build monuments to Hitler. You know, because not ALL Germans were racist nazis.

Name me one other country where they built monuments to people who killed hundreds of thousands of their people.

Or are you just saying that even though they killed hundreds of thousands of Americans it's okay to have their monuments because they also believed in enslaving blacks?

Name me one other country where they built monuments to people who killed hundreds of thousands of their people.
Ok...
The Soviet Union.
China.
The United Kingdom.
Mongolia
There are probably many more, but I can't be arsed looking.
Or are you just saying that even though they killed hundreds of thousands of Americans it's okay to have their monuments because they also believed in enslaving blacks?
No, I'm saying that you don't mind lauding people who happen to have won the argument, but who happen to bear
exactly the same traits as the losers are supposed to display.

This is another point that is constantly brought up w/o telling the whole story. The words "republican" or "democrat" are just that, words. In the mid-19th century the republicans emerged as the party of abolitionists while the democrats ruled the slave-owning south. The ideologies of the parties shifted through the years and then in the 1960's president Johnson (a democrat from Texas) signed the Civil Rights Act. After which he proclaimed "We (democrats) just lost the south". Almost immediately the southern democrats (aka dixiecrats) left the party and became republicans. So, while the party is still called the republican party it has nothing to do with civil rights and works tirelessly to disenfranchise and take advantage of minorities.
Keep posting, my American history isn't one of my strong points might start reading up on it a bit more, any good literature out there worth a look you can suggest ?

Keep posting, my American history isn't one of my strong points might start reading up on it a bit more, any good literature out there worth a look you can suggest ?
I really like John McCullough's books. Founding Brothers is another good one and if you want a different and somewhat humorous view go with Sarah Vowell's Assassination Vacation.

I really like John McCullough's books. Founding Brothers is another good one and if you want a different and somewhat humorous view go with Sarah Vowell's Assassination Vacation.

David McCullough I think you mean, and for American history he is tops. Just finished his book on the Wright Brothers. About to start his book on the Panama Canal.

DHdOVW1W0AEoK_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.