Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true. De Jong started 14 games in the season we won the league.

He may have only started 14 games - but the formation change that was made when he came on was a very important aspect in the run in.

Many away games he came on aftercwe had been tight for 60 mins and this released Yaya further up the pitch to do his magic....

The Newcastle game is a classic example.

I know other football fans used to wonder why bring in a defensive midfielder when a goal is needed.....but that Bobby knew what he was doing

He may have only started 14 games - but the formation change that was made when he came on was a very important aspect in the run in.

Many away games he came on aftercwe had been tight for 60 mins and this released Yaya further up the pitch to do his magic....

The Newcastle game is a classic example.

I know other football fans used to wonder why bring in a defensive midfielder when a goal is needed.....but that Bobby knew what he was doing
Either way (and yes everyone remembers the Newcastle game), he is and was not some indispensable player we never managed to replace.

Maybe even City's owner has thought fuck it we will get him for free next season, that will teach Arsenal to be greedy, who knows though, I would say we dodged another press mauling if we payed out 50-70m for somebody that will be free in 12 months, hell it was bad enough after the 17m for De Jong lol
The trick is not to care what the media clowns say. Or what anyone else says, for that matter.

There is huge risk in waiting til next season. Arsenal could persuade him to sign an extension so there's no guarantee of getting him for free anyway. Plus, say, god forbid, we don't win a single trophy this season, maybe Pep goes at the end of the year, then what, Sanchez won't come.

If it's possible to get it done in the next 10 days, I say do it.

please

There is huge risk in waiting til next season. Arsenal could persuade him to sign an extension so there's no guarantee of getting him for free anyway. Plus, say, god forbid, we don't win a single trophy this season, maybe Pep goes at the end of the year, then what, Sanchez won't come.

If it's possible to get it done in the next 10 days, I say do it.

please
Sanchez will have had 2 chances to join City. He's lucky to get another chance after turning us down in the past. It's now or never. He's perfect for us as he can play wide or through the middle, winners mentality, knows the league and scores "heavy" goals. What Pep needs more than ever is to win trophies and Sanchez can help us do that.

I think all the signs are there. He's not played for Arsenal for various reasons, Wenger starting to make noises they'll sell, dignified silence from Sanchez similar to Walker before he signed. I personally believe Arsenal will make a couple of signings maybe Draxler and maybe someone like Di Maria. We'll pay 50-60m for Sanchez in the last week of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.