Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would rather they conduct no checks? Come on, we all want to go there feeling safe dont we
Seriously, it would probably be safer. A nail bomb going off between two queues would probably get hundreds. Any queue checks have to be quick. Being tied to one entrance does not allow queues to reduce quickly.

I think Evans would be decent back up to Stones or Kompany should they pick up any injuries. He's a solid defender. Knows the league, European football too. It depends on him if he wants to be a big fish at West Brom, or a squad player. He probably thinks he would prove himself as worthy, which is a win win for City. I doubt the fee would go as high as touted in the press.

Not quite but I get where you are coming from. There are future benefits if Kelechi does well. He wasn't going to play much here.

Pragmatic move because we have some cover upfront, but are very exposed in central defence.

Well the bottom-line football is all about opinion and looking back Barry was around the same kind of age (maybe a year younger) when he signed and I had never been overly impressed with him before signing and he turned out to be simply outstanding and a loss when he left

As the days and hours slip by the fee becomes less important indeed we may end up paying 30m for him unless an alternative turns up at the last minute which may have to be homegrown. I agree he would be a valuable squad player and I would be interested to see if he has improved since his days at the swamp. WBA seem to rate him highly.
I don't think that WBA's valuation of Evans has any relevance to us. Let me explain. We have a team of frightening attacking potential and is commonly expected to wipe the floor with opponents, whereas WBA are limited up front and will have no ambition other than PL survival. We ourselves can concede a goal or two but can still win from such a position. WBA will need a tight defence or they will face relegation. If they sell Evans for £30m, they will have to spend that, and more, just to survive. Neither Evans nor Tosin are our own answers but at least our survival in this league is not in doubt whereas Evans' presence is crucial to WBA.

I think Evans would be decent back up to Stones or Kompany should they pick up any injuries. He's a solid defender. Knows the league, European football too. It depends on him if he wants to be a big fish at West Brom, or a squad player. He probably thinks he would prove himself as worthy, which is a win win for City. I doubt the fee would go as high as touted in the press.
Agree with this.

I think he's a decent defender. And I don't mind that he's a rag and played for them too. It's his ever present scowl that annoys me.

Evans is the wrong buy for a number of reasons but his lack of pace is a huge issue. Last night our back 3 lacked pace so badly that when we pushed up the field Everton just lofted balls into wide areas and their only striker (forget his name) just outpaced stones and ottamendi causing us to look vulnerable. If we sign a cb let's at least sign someone who is quick.

No wonder our defense is still shit, we haven't learnt anything from previous signings of bang average players for to much money.

Love to know who the hell is scouting defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.