Boundaries between co-workers

So was she seated and you put your hands on her shoulders from a standing position behind her chair. If so, that's a bit over familiar for me but not necessarily a major issue as long as it doesn't become an annoying habit and there are no other creepy changes in the usual relationship.

If you were facing her and put your hands on both shoulders and you're face to face that's properly weird and you need to apologise ASAP and try to avoid a HR issue.

Yes, she was seated and I was stood behind her and touched her shoulders. She was wearing a cardigan thankfully, so my hands weren't on her skin.

Just say sorry and move on. Let her know you didn't mean anything by it, I'm sure she's not even given it a second thought

Thanks mate. It might seem like a trivial thing to many, but I genuinely think it's one of those things may or may not blow up in your face massively.

I do that all the time actually, especially my two mates. I wasn't even trying to be playful and it definitely wasn't flirtatious, although it could be taken that way, hence my concern.
Did you lightly massage them? If so, your goose is cooked. I'd not, not a huge deal imo.

If you decide to mention it, like some have said don't be overly serious but don't act like a clown. Maybe even mention as soon as you walked out of work you hoped it wasn't misconstrued.

Yes, she was seated and I was stood behind her and touched her shoulders. She was wearing a cardigan thankfully, so my hands weren't on her skin.
You should have spun her chair round so she was facing you, eyes level with your cock, then put both hands on her shoulders.

So you left before her yesterday after the incident?
She probably told the whole office about it and by the time you got in today you will have a nickname like the shoulder holder.

Came into work this morning. Said nothing to anyone. She came over to ask me a work related question. Everything seemed as normal as ever. I'll keep it to myself for now.

Phew. I was properly stressed about this yesterday.

Came into work this morning. Said nothing to anyone. She came over to ask me a work related question. Everything seemed as normal as ever. I'll keep it to myself for now.

Phew. I was properly stressed about this yesterday.

step one completed safely.
step two, ask her out for a drink?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.