It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
So either pep has no knowledge of this pending transfer or he is going to deliberately compromise his standing in world football, is that what you are saying?
It's pretty obvious. I'm saying Evans will be a disaster playing in a high line defence like ours (plenty of video evidence when WBA are caught on the counter), and if Pep wants him then his reputation as a great manager will be severely tarnished if we get him.
I can only pray that WBA stick to their guns in wanting £30m+ to save Pep from himself.
Of course Pep may want to totally change the way we defend, doing away with the high line and any attempt to catch the opposition offside. In which case it may work out.

Last edited:
I'd have loved Mbappe as you know, and was critical when I felt that the club weren't prepared to pay the transfer fee. Feel completely different now I've seen the wage package he's on at PSG. 300k a week net is ... well it's mental. I'm not surprised we didn't get involved in that.

So what's that, about 500k gross a week?

Good luck to the lad, that's a gilded cage he hasn't had the advice or foresight to see past.

He's pissed off Madrid and City won't be back either.

Mbappe has consigned the rest of his career to Paris, as no other club could ever come close to topping the present numbers, regardless of inflation and craziness in the market.

Same goes for Neymar. There's nowhere else to go rid themselves of the tag that they are only tearing it up in the French league.

For Qatar it's all about the Champions League but what happens if that doesn't materialise?

They have wasted their bullets.

Good luck to the lad, that's a gilded cage he hasn't had the advice or foresight to see past.

Mbappe has consigned the rest of his career to Paris, as no other club could ever come close to topping the present numbers, regardless of inflation and craziness in the market.

Same goes for Neymar. There's nowhere else to go rid themselves of the tag that they are only tearing it up in the French league.

For Qatar it's all about the Champions League but what happens if that doesn't materialise?

Yep. The baffling thing is that they could've made statements but also filled holes in their squad. Matuidi has gone and they're still playing Thiago Motta. Wonder how that'll work out in the CL. Haha.

Honestly the most disappointing thing is the Russian rolled over for PSG when he should've simply refused to sell to them.

Not that I'm arsed about FFP but I don't see how they can make it work with the numbers quoted. Unless they have a huge cull of players but that will weaken the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.