Watford (a) post-match

It's about as good as it gets. Sergio Motm but no one had a bad game.
Saw the match with no sound which made a pleasant change. what was the view on the possible offsides?

I'm honestly finding myself thinking that that's the best football I've seen us play over the full ninety minutes for years. The closest to it is perhaps the matches against Spurs and Norwich in 2013-14, and in both cases those teams just folded against us.Watford did not fold at any point (and they've had a more than honourable start to the season), they did not down tools, they did not make schoolboy mistakes, they simply had no way of living with that level of football on any part of the pitch. I think I'd probably go back to the Spurs away game at the start of 2011-12 to find some sort of comparable level, and even that was more about one player having the dream game of his life. One that, sadly, he never replicated.
Special times ahead. I still think that against Europe's best, we're one genuinely world class central defender away from being up there in that stratosphere. And that, again against Europe's best, and maybe a couple of sides in this country, we will be exposed in that area. But we're getting up there, it's coming, no question about it.

Saw the match with no sound which made a pleasant change. what was the view on the possible offsides?

In the US Aguero got the benefit of the doubt on the first but commenters felt Jesus was definitely off, and he was. Linesman was out of position on the first I think just because De Bruyne's ball came in with such pace.

Both offside. The first very close, so forgivable for the linesman and to be fair, the kind of goal that's allowed against us as a matter of course. The second one close but a bit cleaner cut and I'd have been disappointed if it had stood against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.