Emigrating Abroad

I'm guessing work and warmer climate would be the main reasons.
Yep, pretty much. Best decision I ever made although I do miss friends, family and going to the game. But I wouldn't have met my wife otherwise so those cons pale into insignificance.

Very interesting thread, it backs up my opinion that it really is a waste of time to "generalise",as circumstances vary so widely, as do destinations.
Up to now the lack of ukip-type bollox is very pleasing, hope it continues

For a start, manners, and respect for elders. Remember when I started secondary school in late 90's that we would have to stand up if any teacher entered the room- doubt that exists any more.

Teen pregnancies, people who won't work living on benefits. Price of living. Undesirable immigrants. NHS going downhill. Safety outdoors at night is worsening.

Add to that the relatively shite climate. What more do you want?
None of them things keep me awake at night. Poisonous spiders would.

I'm planning on moving to France in a couple of years, if the bastard Brexit crap doesn't make that impossible. I'm not a particular fan of France per se, but it has a lot of advantages. Property is stupidly cheap, which means we can sell the house and buy something in France that's probably nicer and comes with one or two Gites, which can provide rental income. And it's close enough to the UK that you can get home easily to visit friends and relatives; driving if necessary, should airfares in 20 years time become ridiculous. The weather could hardly not be better either.

None of them things keep me awake at night. Poisonous spiders would.

What a strange sense of perspective you have. Poisonous spiders more important that teen pregnancies, people who won't work living on benefits. Price of living. Undesirable immigrants. NHS going downhill. Safety outdoors at night is worsening.

Ok???!?!??

Are you some kind of wandering minstrel?
Dear old Dad moved us around a bit growing up and then I got wanderlust when he passed away. Spent 4-5 years working where ever I could. Then met a Canadian girl and moved out there. America followed. Only came home on the odd occasion, family stuff etc etc, until I finally came home and got married. Changed my outlook so the house is a base and holidays are used to explore countries. Will move when the missus retires though. Probably back to Sweden.

I remember the seventies
Austin Allegro, Morris Marina, warm mild beer, rust coloured water out of the taps, dog shit everywhere (now it is in little plastic bags everywhere), coal, rented TVs, 3-day week, strikes, no electric, no coal, smoking on the buses, short trousers at school, caning at school. Fondly remembered wasn't it , hope it never returns.
Colin Bell - magic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.