Crystal Palace (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see the 4-3-3 with Walker, Vinny, Otamendi, and Mendy at the back, Fernandinho, David Silva, and KDB in the middle and Sane, Sterling, and Aguero upfront. Stones and Jesus have both played a ton recently and Jesus in particular could probably use a rest considering he's about to play a bunch for Brazil in the next few weeks as well. Also, if we're up in the second half I think this is could be a really good opportunity to give Foden or Diaz twenty or thirty minutes.

Crystal Palace are set to hand centre-back Mamadou Sakho his first league start since he joined the club permanently last month.

Wilfried Zaha and Connor Wickham remain sidelined by injuries.

expect lots of high balls, balls pumped into the mixer and agricultural tackling to be interpreted as Roy "taking things back to basics, to settle his side"

Palace are on the back of their first win. Ok it was in the comedy cup, but it will have given them confidence that their system is working.
We need to destroy them from the first whistle. Put them to the sword and take every opportunity that we create. If we don't, I can see them packing the edge of the box and going for a draw.
Time to show we can break down the parked buses.
Can't wait to be there.
4-1 CITY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Palace are on the back of their first win. Ok it was in the comedy cup, but it will have given them confidence that their system is working.
We need to destroy them from the first whistle. Put them to the sword and take every opportunity that we create. If we don't, I can see them packing the edge of the box and going for a draw.
Time to show we can break down the parked buses.
Can't wait to be there.
4-1 CITY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
if you're counting Carabao Cup games, it can't possibly be their first game or they wouldn't have been in the round.

I agree with others in that it's probably time to rest Jesus. Sané deserves to start. If he doesn't, he'll get pissed off soon enough. 433, Sané and Raz/Bernardo either side of Sergio. Fern, Dave and KDB in the middle.

Early goal,keep the ball on the floor,big vinny to deal with set pieces and we should be fine,if they kick us then roll about and make sure we get them in trouble like teams do to us,i would play the twins as this will be an unlocking the bus job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.