Shooting at Mandalay Bay Resort (Las Vegas)

If I break into your house quietly how you going to get to it before I get to you sleeping?

How is that done?
I'm just wondering how you got past the security system connected to the Police 911 system and the dog. Are you the Pink Panther?

Listen, it is clear you will continue to try to create scenarios, so why bother? I have done as much as I know to help make a safe home for my wife and family. I don't have to answer to you.

In addition, I've tried my damnedest to help people understand what they find difficult to understand about American gun culture, even though I staunchly oppose much of it. It is clear I have become the face of the NRA for many of you and that is the furthest thing from the truth. I have tried to provide context and information, and, in some instances, be the Devil's Advocate against wild accusations and misrepresentations.

So, I'm quite happy to own a gun, am trained to use it, and regularly go to the range to practice my marksmanship. I have a Marksman designation from Federal authorities, so I'm not much interested in your John Wayne scenarios and mentality against my gun ownership. I have it to protect me from the other 365,000,000 guns in this country that might one day be used to harm me. I have no desire to use it outside my home or workplace, but if faced with the deadly consequences of an altercation, I would. I can live with that. You don't need to, and I'm glad for you. I didn't create American gun culture and I, too, struggle with the notion that over 200 years later we have gone from muskets to semi-automatic bump-rifles firing at 10 rounds per second within the supposed Constitutional definition of our collective rights to gun protection. I think it is nonsense. I don't own an AR-15 and have no interest in buying one and modifying it legally to have a bump stock to make it automatic. It is not why I have a weapon. However, I live in an area of $600,000+ homes with nice cars and parks and trees and upper middle class people with stuff. That is a burglars prime market place. Like many of my neighbors, I have a home security system and a dog that barks at people who approach the house. I also happen to have a firearm that I know how to use. It is safely locked away and my kids don't know how to get to it and they have no desire to get to it. My son is 19 and he is as good of a shot as I am at the range, so I would have no qualms about him using it, but he doesn't know how to access it, either. He has only ever seen it loaded at the range.

So, in short, I have no desire to engage in the "gun debate" with you or anyone else overseas. I live here in the US and it is real. I have done what I feel is prudent to protect myself and my family, including the best training available to civilians in the US. I don't have to answer to you or anyone else about those personal decisions. They are legal and my actions go far, far beyond anything I need to do to be a gun owner in the US, which is yet another reason I can say without equivocation, I am a responsible gun owner...who will kill you if you threaten me or my family with violence. The end.

Facts. I state facts. Facts that upset you and other small dicked individuals that love their guns and don’t want to lose them no matter the human cost on an annual basis.

I’ve already said, keep your guns, I really really couldn’t be happier for you and I really really don’t care at all that you’re more likely to use it on yourself than on an intruder in your home. But that is the fact and the Home protection ‘defence’ of them is simply bull shit. Keep your guns. Be happy. Have massacres. Doesn’t affect me at all and I really don’t care anymore as it’s patently obvious that you and your gun toting brethren don’t. Just don’t try and use arguments that have no basis in fact.

Ps, me saying “good point” to another poster talking about police shooting an unarmed woman that had called them is not bullshit you myopic fool.

Superb, funny and accurate.
It is a parody of the 2A, but, unfortunately, the highest court in the land has dismissed. If you want to live in the parody world, knock yourself out, but Americans live in a world where the politicians believe in the 2A to help get themselves elected, because saying you don't will get you NOWHERE. When you say you are against what the Constitution says, it doesn't do anything positive for you. What you have to do is chip away at these things and hope that calmer heads prevail and see the long term futility in the public arms race that is taking place.

I have absolutely no doubt that you cannot buy a bump stock today, Friday! And if you can, it is much more expansive than it was last week and they are almost sold out! Yes, I KNOW IT IS CRAZY, but that's the reality here! If people think any firearm or anything that is legal today MIGHT be illiegal tomorrow, they run out and buy it, because it will be grandfathered in as legal, and then it will be worth even more tomorrow and will even give you the "armed edge" against the person who can't buy one tomorrow!

I have no doubt AR-15s are flying off the shelves today and they are about £1,000!

THIS is the culture here! I don't condone it, but I have to live in it!

Obviously it can't offer protection from every situation but I'd probably feel safer in the USA if I had a gun upstairs rather than a baseball bat or golf club.

Just hope you get upstairs before they shoot you. Don't you think your media and gun lobby make you fear bogey men a bit too much?

For the land of the brave seems to be a lot of bottle merchants.

Facts. I state facts. Facts that upset you and other small dicked individuals that love their guns and don’t want to lose them no matter the human cost on an annual basis.

I’ve already said, keep your guns, I really really couldn’t be happier for you and I really really don’t care at all that you’re more likely to use it on yourself than on an intruder in your home. But that is the fact and the Home protection ‘defence’ of them is simply bull shit. Keep your guns. Be happy. Have massacres. Doesn’t affect me at all and I really don’t care anymore as it’s patently obvious that you and your gun toting brethren don’t. Just don’t try and use arguments that have no basis in fact.

Ps, me saying “good point” to another poster talking about police shooting an unarmed woman that had called them is not bullshit you myopic fool.
Here is the best source I can find for that incident, so I don't know what happened or why.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/21/world/australia/minneapolis-police-shooting.html

To point to this as somehow representative of anything is the very definition of myopic, fool!

It certainly LOOKS like a bad shoot, which is not helped by the officer not talking, but "facts"? Sparse at best.

Just hope you get upstairs before they shoot you. Don't you think your media and gun lobby make you fear bogey men a bit too much?

So, if I have a gun but can't get upstairs, I get shot. Presumably then If I don't have a gun, I still get shot. If I am already upstairs, I maybe still have a bit more of a chance than with a baseball bat.

As I am not American or in the USA, I am not really influenced by their gun lobby or media.

"Bottle merchants."

Hmmm, Scottish tough guy. Got it. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Carry on, tough guy! That'll help you greatly should you ever be faced with a home invasion in the US.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.