Which of the following did you go to? Anyone done all ten?

The only one I missed was Newcastle in 1968. I played amateur football in those days and we had a cup final that evening. Couldn't get out of that. Mind you, I was at the hastily arranged Monday night friendly at Maine Road against Bury when the trophy was formally presented & Bury fans also celebrated their promotion. Anyone else on here remember that ?
Wow,Great post Bill.
Brilliant.

Being a City fan for a long time there’s always a story

Newcastle - championship winner 68

Living in a London by then, listened to it on radio sat in bath, party for 100 people that night and got back in time see Granada highlights on Sunday TV then Maine Road for Bury friendly

Huddersfield - 10-1

Remember media saying a City showed their naivety by scoring so many YCNMIU

The 5-1

Sat in LHR waiting for evening flight to Boston - came on tv about rag pitch invasion

Sick swan

Doing coastal walk mid Somerset ... get text from son 1-0 then lose reception next one says Balotelli .... our son always always puts City score first

Gillingham Wembley

Actually got to this one with my brother and our two sons ... spoofed tickets for corporate sat next but one table to Oasis

Stoke final

Family wedding in Manchester ..... our daughter says I will name my first child after City’s first goal scorer !!!

Rags semi

Watched on tv but son went ... Balotelli wink still gets me

Blackpool first game div 2

No idea

Blackburn away

Went there for the 2-3 win ...took my Dad and and our son .... a great evening out in many respects ....think you mean “the other one” though

The aguero game

Was there with our son who got back from Oz the week before. The Mrs texted me from the hotel at 90 minutes saying “keep the faith” .... haha I thought

SO ..... it turns out to be 2 and 8 excuses

Cheers

7 for me, too young for Toon away, no ticket for the sick swan & booked a holiday over the Gillingham game the Monday after we lost at York..... typical City!!!!

Done 6. I didn't have enough points for a ticket for the sick swan, was abroad on work assignments for the 5-1 and Huddersfield 10-1 and my dad passed away the day before Blackburn away.

9 for me,was only 9 in 68,first game was Arsenal home think Jan or Feb,my Dad had always been City fan,so it was natural I became a City fan,my Dad only stopped going a few years ago due to health issues,but still as passionate from his arm chair,some great,great memories from those games.Another game to think about was Wrexham away on Boxing Day,who remembers that,can you imagine trying to explain to Sergio,not so many years ago we were playing Wrexham and also Macclesfield.

4 out of 9 (1 was 12 years before I was born).
My dad took me to about 14 home games in 87/88...but not Huddersfield. I can still see him coming in the door sheepishly after the game with a Pink and a programme for me as consolation prizes!

I think Vienna 70 should be on there too for the A* grade.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.