Players who you thought would have done better at City

Possibly our worst piece of business ever. Worth a try but 10 mins in to his city career you could see he was crap. Why pep persisted with him for as long as he did nobody knows.

He had one good game vs Norwich - the Sunderland fans think he is the worst buy they have ever made

Mike Channon is perhaps one for those of us of a certain age. He was brought in after we finished second in 1977 and, as a current international striker, expected to be the final piece in a championship-winning jigsaw. He wasn't a disaster and had some decent games for us, but I think it's fair to say that he never quite lived up to his billing.

Big fat robert taylor....

had a blinding season for gillingham, scored against us at wembley, we chased him all summer and eventaully got him, had scored for fun for gills and looked the business, the rest is history....

he did score a vital winner v brum at home the game before rovers promotion...

Roger Palmer...First City game I was at v Leeds he had a stormer in a 3/0 win.
Thought this lads got it all.
Great career at Oldham though.

Mike Channon is perhaps one for those of us of a certain age. He was brought in after we finished second in 1977 and, as a current international striker, expected to be the final piece in a championship-winning jigsaw. He wasn't a disaster and had some decent games for us, but I think it's fair to say that he never quite lived up to his billing.
Good shout. He seemed to spend most of his time on the pitch at City on his arse!

Think Savic and boating considering they went on to have good spells at I think Atletico and munich

Bojinov, Rodwell, Sinclair, Kolarov, Balotelli, Jovetic, Jo, Mangala, Fernando, Bravo, Bony.
I thought Bony was a nonsense signing. All those goals came from big crosses and Swansea were playing him as a lone striker. Never expected much and surely got nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.