can we keep the big 2 from spain away

Neither of Spain's big two will take players from us for the simple reason that we are most well run club in world football. Get some major success under our belts with this crop of players and they'll be worrying about us taking their stars.

Jesus, Sane and KDB are all under contract till summer 2021 and there is no buyout clause of any sort.

Last edited:
Short answer - yes - for a variety of reasons (we have a top squad, we pay very well, we have (I suppose arguably) the best manager in football, there's no guarantee of starting once transferred to Barca/Madrid, Pep is careful not to sign players whose lifelong desire is to play for some other side, etc.).

Seeing as Aguero and Silva are still here, I can't see anyone we want to keep movng anytime soon. Players at English clubs love the anonymity as they don't get bothered in their private lives between games.

I'd say the likes of us, RM and BM are more afraid of City and PSG financial muscle at the moment then you'd need to fear any of us. Our recent purchases haven't been from top competing clubs, we either buy from Arsenal or Liverpool, are other signing came off less competitive clubs. We tried to get Verratti from PSG they gave us the finger and then took Neymar :/ RM have failed to get Courtois, De Gea and Mbappe these last few seasons, the last time they took a top player from a top side was Ronaldo from United.

The question should be whether the big 2 from Spain can keep us away.

this is correct. we have the financial muscle and power of premier league income behind us. they may take one of our stars away, once.....but we would then price them out (or drive the price up to eye watering levels) of any future world class talent or potential signing, just to teach them a lesson.
they know not to throw stones at a hornets nest.

and that, peeps, is the power our club wields these days. enjoy it, drink it in.

The question should be whether the big 2 from Spain can keep us away.

f7FdEdG_d.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.