Attack by Napoli fans.

You can't deny they have a large number of shithouses who only attack stragglers when they have a significantly more numbers but we also met some really friendly and knowledgeable Neopolitans who love their football. We were approached several times yesterday morning by locals wanting to congratulate us on the victory and enthusing at the quality of our football. Didn't do that after Poznan!!

The group I was with were attacked walking to the buses by the port, I was chased by a prick with a knife who was wearing all black clothes, had a hood over his head and a scarf around his face, he wouldn't do anything in the open though, as soon as I ran to where some people were milling about the guy retreated back into the trees then disappeared, it was starting to get dark now as well.

The following is my recollection of what happened...

It all started when the very decent lads from Mary D's put their banner up outside a pub hight up overlooking the port and near a huge big square, there were maybe 50-60 city in there drinking and having a good time, not a hint of trouble so far. Then out of nowhere a guy walked up (who we know know to be a spotter) told us to take the banner down, he was basically told to bolt. Now this guy looked nothing like your typical stereotype hooligan, he was dressed very smartly had a short beard and glasses on, anyway he buggered off after a few minutes and nothing more was thought of it.

After having a good few bevies in there we headed down the hill to a another pub which was pretty much on the shore, we were having a beer there when we seen we were being watched by a group of lads across the road, however a police van rolled up outside and they quickly moved away. It was when we left the pub by the shore the "fun" started. Our group consisted of around 8 of us including one kid, we were walking away from the pub when we were confronted by about 4 idiots taunting us, including the original knobber who had said take the banner down in the first pub, one of them grabbed my scarf but I was too quick for him and yanked it back. They were told we didn't want any trouble and we are only here for a drink and the match, nothing else. A couple of them shot off on scooters and we thought that would be the end of it - no, the scooter boys turned out to be messengers it seems.

Shortly after that little confrontation down a winding street that takes you to the port where the buses are parked with a wall on one side and a wooded park area on our righthand side. It was then we could see a few dodgy looking folk hanging about in the park sitting/standing by a bench, its twilight now and we couldn't tell if they were looking at us or minding their own business. With out warning though they all ran at us at once, now I was about 10 feet in front of the rest of the group and one of the guys made a bolt in my direction so of course I took to my heels as well. Once I'd put a bit of distance between me and him (I'm no slouch) I turned round to face him and shouted at him f**k off but he was still chasing after me but he had a knife in his right had so I rand into the road and as soon as I did he disappeared back into the shadows. In the mean time all i could hear from the rest of the group was shouts of wow wow wow wow but I couldn't see what was happening through parked cars and poor lighting, It was only later when I met up with them in the ground I was told they had their banner stolen at knife point and right enough you could see them holding it upside down in the middle of Curva A about halfway up the stand.

I was then accosted by and very large group of Polizia outside the port entrance who were asking what had happened, myself and another blue tried to explain that there was about 10-12 hooligans with knives in the park area attacking innocent city fans, most of them ran off in that directions with batons drawn ready to tackle them, I've no idea if they caught them or not. A copper then took my passport and match ticket and took a picture of them before handing them back and saying go to your bus now, I went for one more pint before getting on my bus and heading to the game.

Being kept in for 90 minutes after the match was a joke but I can see why they done it, the surrounding area outside the ground was like a rabbit warren of streets and alley ways and it would have been very easy for city fans to have been ambushed, every street in the surrounding area was cleared of people with police cars at every junction to stop people getting anywhere near our buses.

The above is what happened to the best of my memory bearing in mind I'd had a good bevy during the day.

Naples - dump of a place, dump of a stadium and as for their fans, they are nothing but a bunch knife wielding shitebags who pick on innocent people and they do not discriminate. men, women and children all appear to be fair game. I won't be back, ever!

What I don’t understand is this...
Why the police don’t arrest those with the banner? Obviously they have no right to possess it and your group will have told the police what happened?
Same with all those shithead Russians posing with stolen flags after the euros... arrest them!

The group I was with were attacked walking to the buses by the port, I was chased by a prick with a knife who was wearing all black clothes, had a hood over his head and a scarf around his face, he wouldn't do anything in the open though, as soon as I ran to where some people were milling about the guy retreated back into the trees then disappeared, it was starting to get dark now as well.

The following is my recollection of what happened...

It all started when the very decent lads from Mary D's put their banner up outside a pub hight up overlooking the port and near a huge big square, there were maybe 50-60 city in there drinking and having a good time, not a hint of trouble so far. Then out of nowhere a guy walked up (who we know know to be a spotter) told us to take the banner down, he was basically told to bolt. Now this guy looked nothing like your typical stereotype hooligan, he was dressed very smartly had a short beard and glasses on, anyway he buggered off after a few minutes and nothing more was thought of it.

After having a good few bevies in there we headed down the hill to a another pub which was pretty much on the shore, we were having a beer there when we seen we were being watched by a group of lads across the road, however a police van rolled up outside and they quickly moved away. It was when we left the pub by the shore the "fun" started. Our group consisted of around 8 of us including one kid, we were walking away from the pub when we were confronted by about 4 idiots taunting us, including the original knobber who had said take the banner down in the first pub, one of them grabbed my scarf but I was too quick for him and yanked it back. They were told we didn't want any trouble and we are only here for a drink and the match, nothing else. A couple of them shot off on scooters and we thought that would be the end of it - no, the scooter boys turned out to be messengers it seems.

Shortly after that little confrontation down a winding street that takes you to the port where the buses are parked with a wall on one side and a wooded park area on our righthand side. It was then we could see a few dodgy looking folk hanging about in the park sitting/standing by a bench, its twilight now and we couldn't tell if they were looking at us or minding their own business. With out warning though they all ran at us at once, now I was about 10 feet in front of the rest of the group and one of the guys made a bolt in my direction so of course I took to my heels as well. Once I'd put a bit of distance between me and him (I'm no slouch) I turned round to face him and shouted at him f**k off but he was still chasing after me but he had a knife in his right had so I rand into the road and as soon as I did he disappeared back into the shadows. In the mean time all i could hear from the rest of the group was shouts of wow wow wow wow but I couldn't see what was happening through parked cars and poor lighting, It was only later when I met up with them in the ground I was told they had their banner stolen at knife point and right enough you could see them holding it upside down in the middle of Curva A about halfway up the stand.

I was then accosted by and very large group of Polizia outside the port entrance who were asking what had happened, myself and another blue tried to explain that there was about 10-12 hooligans with knives in the park area attacking innocent city fans, most of them ran off in that directions with batons drawn ready to tackle them, I've no idea if they caught them or not. A copper then took my passport and match ticket and took a picture of them before handing them back and saying go to your bus now, I went for one more pint before getting on my bus and heading to the game.

Being kept in for 90 minutes after the match was a joke but I can see why they done it, the surrounding area outside the ground was like a rabbit warren of streets and alley ways and it would have been very easy for city fans to have been ambushed, every street in the surrounding area was cleared of people with police cars at every junction to stop people getting anywhere near our buses.

The above is what happened to the best of my memory bearing in mind I'd had a good bevy during the day.

Naples - dump of a place, dump of a stadium and as for their fans, they are nothing but a bunch knife wielding shitebags who pick on innocent people and they do not discriminate. men, women and children all appear to be fair game. I won't be back, ever!

Guys I know ran into trouble in that park around 4pm. We sent em that way cos there were nicer bars up that hill and round the corner but they were back 5 minutes later having been confronted by about 15 of them putting their hoods up and approaching them

What I don’t understand is this...
Why the police don’t arrest those with the banner? Obviously they have no right to possess it and your group will have told the police what happened?
Same with all those shithead Russians posing with stolen flags after the euros... arrest them!

How do the police prove that, a) the banner is stolen and b) the people hanging it up are the ones that stole it ? You arrest someone in the stadium and he simply replies some bloke 3 rows back said I was nearer the front could I hang it up for him.

On a seperate note, we had a great time, before the match the locals in the old town and surrounding area were great and wanted to talk, we then got bussed to the ground and on the third attempt sneaked throught the corden at the ground and went for a few beers in a near deserted pub right by the ground.

2 nights in Naples was enough to put you off going back - it was like a third world country - shocking quality of life for some of them.

Will not be going back - ever.

Great time at the game though - 1 of 1200.

Bloody pants fell down when sergio scored - no belts !!!!!

2 nights in Naples was enough to put you off going back - it was like a third world country - shocking quality of life for some of them.

Will not be going back - ever.

Great time at the game though - 1 of 1200.

Bloody pants fell down when sergio scored - no belts !!!!!

My head nearly fell off when he scored. Brilliant atmosphere and despite the city of Naples and some idiots, it was a brilliant trip.

My head nearly fell off when he scored. Brilliant atmosphere and despite the city of Naples and some idiots, it was a brilliant trip.
Sounds like you enjoyed it. No wonder given the football.

Reading this topic it's no wonder Italian grounds are half empty. Used to watch Serie A on channel 4 when Gazza was there, and it was the home of football. Not any more.

Sounds like you enjoyed it. No wonder given the football.

Reading this topic it's no wonder Italian grounds are half empty. Used to watch Serie A on channel 4 when Gazza was there, and it was the home of football. Not any more.

It does seem like only the die hard fans now attend, them and the lads just looking for trouble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.