Rumoured Newcastle takeover

Good luck to them. No fan would want their club to be run the way Mike Ashley runs Newcastle.

To do what we did the new owner would have to be a state or an organization similar to ADUG, interesting to see who it is.

On paper, I don't think it would be quite as restricted to an organisation like ADUG. To do what we did required our owner to put in £1.2 billion over the last 9 years so theoretically any multi-billionaire could put that kind of money into a club if they wanted. I guess it's not quite as easy as that though. Even if FFP didn't exist, you have to show serious ambition from the outset and bid for marquee players. Robinho for example. And while he didn't have a lengthy career with us, that signing made the world sit up and take notice and they quickly realised that ADUG were being deadly serious. I don't doubt that Moshiri means business at Everton too but despite their new-found wealth they seem to be going for a lesser tier of player than City were in the early years of the takeover. I'd actually argue that in relative terms, Wolves are showing more ambition to break into the elite than Everton are. And if this takeover is successful then Newcastle might just go for the jugular too, considering Staveley's connections in that part of the world.

One of the few clubs I don't mind these days, hope it works out for them. Plus anything that makes it more difficult for united, Liverpool and Arsenal to get in the top 4 is fine by me.

If it happens. next season Sky would have to have the top 9 just to make sure one of the darling clubs remained relevant.

£300 million sounds cheap to me and a bargain for a top club everything is in place up there and talk of fans well if they ever had some silverware they would be jumping the walls to get in they are a club who could easy get 70.000 plus with a good manager and players. but it will take time and am talking 10 years to get anywhere near what manchester city are at on at the moment a global status to getting a manager like pep and the players we have all took time

but like man city uefa and FFP will play a big part in any push for glory at newcastle yes the fan base is great the stadium is ok needs some work to build more seats but they will have fans waiting to get in if the take over takes off the only down side is the premier league and another club with spending power how can you fight the likes of us and utd liverpool chelsea arsenal and spurs there is not that many world class players to go around and top draw managers

i truly believe manchester city was the last big take over it was the only one that would work for a long term investment and owners with very deep pockets manchester city was a sleeping giant glory was in the clubs DNA but the history books now only show glory from 1992 so little old manchester city was the tag we had to live with

but now we are not only a force but the leader of the pack the number one club in england and europe that's how far we have come and we still have not got there yet the world status is the target and being the name on everybody lips is not that far away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.