Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

That Yaya/Gundogan tandem is pretty shite. Seen enough of it now to know it just doesn't work.

Delighted everything went our way, we can fly a reserve team to Donetsk and rest the team for the derby.

A win is a win, but my word that was awful.

Raheem, fair play to him, has properly stepped up as a match winner this season.

Just some question points:

- Yaya is finished at this level and we need to be looking at a worthy deputy to Fernandinho this January.
- Mangala and Otamendi - whilst they didn't concede - don't give any confidence as a pairing defensively.
- Unless you have an Arjen Robben or Gareth Bale I think it's pointless trying to play inverted wingers at this level.
- Bernardo Silva is not a right winger

For the first time, i'm thinking that we need Sanchez in January. Too many times a ball is whipped in and nobody is getting on the end of it. Kompany, Delph, Fernandinho Silva Sane and Jesus back in the starting line up Saturday.

Sanchez doesn't do that either.

He just about got a touch on the ball in the challenge I think you're referring to.

Not sure what the other one was.

Ahh that's good then! I haven't seen any replays yet, so I'm going off my first instincts.
The second one I thought, was when a high ball came over the top of the defence and he had to come rushing off his line to try and palm it away from the attacker, it looked like he missed the ball and got the attacker, (to be fair none of the Feyenord players screamed for a penalty though and neither did the attacker).

Sterling has been so frustrating the last few seasons. This season he looks a completely different player. That finish was class, as was the pass from Gundogan.

As a fixture we got everything we wanted from tonight. We won, topped the group, rested several key players, Foden got his debut, KDB got the booking he needed and it didn't appear as though anyone got injured. So in that respect it was a perfect night, the performance was disappointing though. That team should have produced a much better performance, we need more from the players that came in tonight, particularly Bernardo, they're going to be needed in crucial league games over the next few months and they'll have to up their game. Back 4 wasn't really tested but i thought they did fine, Mangala and Danilo both had decent games. Gundogan looked a bit off the pace as did Yaya who i think needs a run of regular game time before he gets upto the standard. Great finish from Sterling but he is half the player when he plays on the left.

Why would we do that? The Premier League is ridiculously hard, compared to other top European leagues, no easy games, is nearly true.

To rest the best for more important matches, and to have bench players with good match rhytm should injury's occur. But besides that, looking at the names we have on our bench and where they played before, you'd think they should be able to handle lower PL level quite easily.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.