Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed by Huddersfield from Manchester City, Mooy ranks first for The Terriers in goals + assists, chances created, successful passes, passes in opposition half and touches.

I bet he has a stormer

This is my concern too. Stones provides us with so much security playing it around at the back, and he has the recovery speed if we are broken at. We missed his passing between the lines at the weekend too. Vinny worries me these days. He could easily have lost us the Leicester game.

I was amazed we didn't buy a centre half in the summer, and in truth we're overly reliant on 3 or 4 individuals in as much as we have no-one else in reserve capable of doing what they do to the same level and whose absence significantly weakens us. Stones is one of them, Fernandinho, KDB and Sane are the other 3.
Vinny is not the player he was, but I think we'll be ok with him until Stones gets back. The bigger concern is what happens if Vinny gets injured again as well and we have to rely on Mangala, as the latter simply isn't a good enough player in possession to cope with any kind of pressure. There were 2 or 3 times against Feyenoord when balls were pinged to him at knee height and I just about cacked my pants as he gawped down at the ball desperately trying to get it under control, blissfully unaware of opponents closing in, and ended up playing hasty passes as a result. Plus his presence completely robs us of momentum. Stones and Otamendi are probably the two best centre halves in the Premier League at carrying the ball up over halfway and playing quick accurate passes. With Mangala everything slows down whilst he gets the ball under complete control, nearly all the passes go sideways, safety first, and he doesn't carry the ball forward with any conviction. It's a potential problem for sure

We have twelve games in the next 5-6 weeks, so I'm expecting a lot of rotation.

Ederson
Walker
Otamendi
Kompany
Delph
Fernandinho
David Silva
KDB
Sane
Jesus
Bernardo Silva

I'm picking my fantasy team and can either have Jesus or Aguerro. Which one do you think Pep will pick or maybe even both.
Kun played midweek, Jesus was rested , I think the likelihood is that their roles will be reversed against Huddersfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.