Puma - £650M shirt deal confirmed

£50 million a year doesn't seem that good a deal to me. Right now we're one of the top 2 hottest teams on the planet and the best team in the most popular league in terms of exposure. Puma are not dining at the top table atm and if they want us to help them get there then they need to stump up more cash. Our current kit deal is miniscule to other teams. £50m is not that spectacular. We need a deal that reflects our current status and, depending on the length of the contract, we should be looking at more.

You are 100% correct sir.

Shirt is shirt for me as long as it's City blue I couldn't care less who makes it.

£50 million a year doesn't seem that good a deal to me. Right now we're on of the top 2 hottest teams on the planet and the best team in the most popular league in terms of exposure. Puma are not dining at the top table atm and if they want us to help them get there then they need to stump up more cash. Our current kit deal is miniscule to other teams. £50m is not that spectacular. We need a deal that reflects our current status and, depending on the length of the contract, we should be looking at more.
Yeah, it does depend on the contract length, and also whether there's an opportunity to renegotiate early, but just for comparison:

Rags: £75m conditional on reaching the CL, I believe.
Chelsea: £60m, but runs until 2032.
Arsenal: £30m, but next year's deal deported to be around £60-90m
Liverpool: £28m running to 2027
Spurs: £25m 'multi-year deal'.

We should definitely be at least matching Arsenal. They sell more shirts than us, but there's obviously far more value being associated with us right now. For a start, they're not even in the Champions' League.

Maybe this is just a leak to chivvy other companies along. £50m sounds good until say Chelsea get £80m or Utd
£100m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.