Southampton Post Match Thread

Thought we look tired last night rather than poor. Was in 121 last night and the ball was not out for their goal.
I was sat in 322 with basically the same view as the goal line tech camera and it was definitely along the line (in), unfortunately.

When Bertrand cut to the end line on the far side I was hoping he was going to put another balloon into our row but it was not to be—it wasn’t a particularly good cross, mind, but it brought Delph enough out of position (wish he had played the Saints player taking it down rather than raising his foot to try to get a toe on it, leaving him well off-balance) to cause Eddie to have to shift over... the rest is unfortunate history.

...............................the comment on Twitter regarding the Kompany photo in the changing room after the Southampton, which went along the lines of....
"Little magician with the massive wand."
Sometimes simple things make you piss yourself laughing, so thank you for letting me go to work with tears streaming down my eyes.
Very sad but don't give a f*** as it made an old man cry with laughter, helped of course by Mr Sterling !!!!!!

Southampton deserved fuck all mate...time wasting twats...every goal kick and throw in took ages.
They dived and conned the ref constantly...it was poetic justice that Raz scored in the time added on for their time wasting.
Needs must. They're not the first tem to install those tactics going up against superior opposition and they won't be the last. I thought they got it spot on and I don't think they were as defensive as Pep made out. They had the right kind of balance if you want to get anything from us and arguably had the best chances.

All the better for us for getting through it.

the togetherness in the squad and the managers and the coaching staff is incredible.
Those celebrations for the goal almost eclipsed the agueroooooo moment!
We REALLY REALLY want the title this season and i think the players REALLY do believe they can win it this time. PEP is really fired up! And hes got the rest of the club fired up too!
The belief, the passion, the never say die attitude, its all there in abundance.
We were fortunate to be in the corner that all of the staff (players on the field, players on the bench, the coaches, ball boys, several team dogs) ran to and their reaction was the best bit of the night. Even a hop-skipping Mendy ran half the pitch to join in—the missus, as he was “sprinting” over, said “is that Ben!? FFS, where’s his mobility scooter!? That beautiful fool!”

Doesn't look like the 'bad spell' everyone in the media has predicted is going to work out as they hoped. What a night, really felt the emotion pour out of everyone when that went in. Actually thought second half we were good, could easily have had 3 or 4.

Southampton deserved fuck all mate...time wasting twats...every goal kick and throw in took ages.
They dived and conned the ref constantly...it was poetic justice that Raz scored in the time added on for their time wasting.

I think every team that plays in that fashion is in effect submitting to our football superiority by refusing to play anything that opens up the game.

Cannot blame them reminds me of a mismatch of 2 boxers where one just uses his hands to stop his opponents onslought and attacks rarely hoping for a lucky knockout hit.
Getting plaudits for not being knocked out is all they expect but to say they were unlucky to not share the result would be rediculous even in the corrupt fight game.

The difference is of course is that each round has to be scored by judges in boxing whereas goals alone affect the result of football so take your pick which you value most pure defence or pure football.

We were fortunate to be in the corner that all of the staff (players on the field, players on the bench, the coaches, ball boys, several team dogs) ran to and their reaction was the best bit of the night. Even a hop-skipping Mendy ran half the pitch to join in—the missus, as he was “sprinting” over, said “is that Ben!? FFS, where’s his mobility scooter!? That beautiful fool!”

i know! Mendy is all ready a legend here! i thought a fan had run onto the pitch at first! and there was Ben with his phone getting an on pitch selfie with Raz!!! Brilliant!!!
Amazing scenes.

Im still a bit of the old typical city type of fan and im trying not too get too excited so early in the season but you feel we are in the middle of something special right now.
Nothing is won in november i know, but this season feels so different,not just in the style of football, but the manner we keep going and the togetherness of the club.
Lets hope we keep it going and win some silverware.

Match of the Day made us look a lot better than it felt we were in the ground. Southampton defended incredibly disciplined and were denying space and closing passing lanes. They had a snap our attacking players didn't. Our movement was poor in long stretches of the game especially our movement close to the ball. Timewasting was outrageous

But credit to this team. We could have settled for the draw and said one of those nights. Still 6 points clear with a potential match winner disallowed BUT great desire to get 3 points. So made up for Sterling shoving the haters words back down their throats. Man of the season so far with some huge goals.

Badly missed Stones who is another player that this season is irreplaceable

Agreed re; motd highlights. They didn't capture anything of the 'feel' of the match either, totally missing the tension before our winner. Saints were also much better than they seemed.

Needs must. They're not the first tem to install those tactics going up against superior opposition and they won't be the last. I thought they got it spot on and I don't think they were as defensive as Pep made out. They had the right kind of balance if you want to get anything from us and arguably had the best chances.

All the better for us for getting through it.

great tackle..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.