Southampton Post Match Thread

Match of the Day made us look a lot better than it felt we were in the ground. Southampton defended incredibly disciplined and were denying space and closing passing lanes. They had a snap our attacking players didn't. Our movement was poor in long stretches of the game especially our movement close to the ball. Timewasting was outrageous

But credit to this team. We could have settled for the draw and said one of those nights. Still 6 points clear with a potential match winner disallowed BUT great desire to get 3 points. So made up for Sterling shoving the haters words back down their throats. Man of the season so far with some huge goals.

Badly missed Stones who is another player that this season is irreplaceable

The passion in the players in amazing. It had been lacking a lot under Pellegrini. Look at Otamendi, Sterling, Kompany (obv), Mendy, Zinchenko even, Aguero etc

Thank fuck that didn't cost us two points.

That plus the Walker sending off for fuck all v Everton, being the only games we have dropped points, would be hard to take.
Absolutely—I would have been driven to an email, tweet, and letter campaign against PGMOL.

The missus starting celebrating Sterling’s excellent finish into the back of the net (as did a fair few in our section) and I had to calm her down—and tell her it had been disallowed, much to her bemusement—as I now wait a few seconds after the goal to see if the officials find some reason to chalk off a perfectly good goal.

Last night it hit home how good we are.
There was a 10 min period during the game where we absolutely hammered them.It was a perfect display. We would win the ball back within a few seconds and launch another attack.

Not celebrated a goal like that for a while, what a buzz
Sloppy first 45 but those games will happen and we got the 3 points

Another note, I’m someone who will leave early at 2-0 3-0..... but was shocked at the amount leaving on 85 mins last night at 1-1

the togetherness in the squad and the managers and the coaching staff is incredible.
Those celebrations for the goal almost eclipsed the agueroooooo moment!
We REALLY REALLY want the title this season and i think the players REALLY do believe they can win it this time. PEP is really fired up! And hes got the rest of the club fired up too!
The belief, the passion, the never say die attitude, its all there in abundance.

Well said, it wasn't anywhere near a horrible performance, it just didn't reach the heights of the rest of the season.

I thought Southapton were excellent and I won't complain about their style or tactics. They deserved a point but thankfully we were able to find a way yet again. And not to state the obvious but we really missed the three S's last night but they can't all play every game.
Southampton deserved fuck all mate...time wasting twats...every goal kick and throw in took ages.
They dived and conned the ref constantly...it was poetic justice that Raz scored in the time added on for their time wasting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.