West Ham Post Match Thread

Pep after the game:

"You have to try to solve it [when teams pack the defence]. We had two strikers in the second half and that helped, it was a big lesson for me. We created more with two. The pace was better, we had more presence in the box. Kevin de Bruyne playing as the holding midfielder gave us the tempo. We were much, much better.

It's actually quite reassuring to hear he seems to be looking for new things to solve the problem we've had the last few games. He's not putting it down to tiredness or complacency, he's not going to just let this carry on and hope we keep getting late wins.

this. i'm glad finally Pep realize this is the only way to break the bus tactic.
hope he will find a way to play Aguero, Jesus, Sterling and Sane in starting line up.
must be exciting to watch.

change all 11 for the champions league at Donetsk, Utd get a days more rest and no travel - let's have everyone rested

The reason that only 4 teams in the history of English football have won 13 top flight games in a row.

There's a reason no one else in Europe's big leagues is undefeated for the season.

There's a reason we've never won 20 consecutive games before.

It's really, really fucking hard. We're in a slump, we were missing 4 players, but we're still winning, you can't complain too much about that.

Hopefully the derby will get everyone reinvigorated like the Arsenal game did a month ago. A big game, after a week off for most of the team.

A lot of city fans are forgetting that we’ve won 20 in a row. Dropping points this month is going to happen at some stage, there will be hell on in the match day thread when it happens.

By the way, great management by Pep. I was calling for a 343 change at half time but never saw Jesus for Danilo. Great move

Horse-Exercise-Ball-Fail.gif

Mangala at the end !!
That is brilliant - lol

play the eds against shakhtar. i couldn't care less if we lose 5-0. we fought hard the first 5 games to have this exact advantage. time to cash in.

It doesn't matter how many top quality players we have it will always be difficult when teams play a defensive formation. I'm not criticising any team that comes to the Etihaad and plays that way because it would be arrogant to suggest teams try and play open expansive football against us. Our matches seem to go one of two ways, we score early doors, the opposition are chasing the game and we hammer them or as the last three we don't hit the ground running, but have all the possession, but concede a goal against the run of play. We then put pressure on them throughout the second half and get the points through relentless attacking play. We cannot be critical of any individual players because the teams fluidity requires them all to be on their game every game, which is impossible. I have no doubt that Pep will study the recent defensive obstacles and figure out a way to deal with it, as that is why he was brought in. Next week will be the same if we score early and unsettle them, we'll win, if we let them score it will be the biggest test yet in terms of breaking a team down that parks an Airbus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.