Centre back options

I think we’ll get 1 in Jan, and also pick up Alderwereld in the summer for free (assuming he recovers properly from his injury). When you are top, likley to win things and playing beautiful football under the worlds best coach, players will run their contracts down to join you.
See Sanchez, Can etc

What's interesting to me is that for a period fernandihno played CB. Pep preferred him over Mangala to play that role until we went ahead. So im thinking maybe we are ok at CB if you have Stones, Otamendi, Mangala, Kompany with fernandihno and walker also able play there. It seems to me given how poor Toure has been that we need a DM in January. To rotate with fernandihno and to play with him should fernandihno be used at CB.

Fonp awwr me priority in January is DM and LB. Let Toure leave in January and bring in a new DM.
Gundogan played there when Dihno went to CB. So I reckon he can always play there. Especially against smaller teams. Playing Gundogan might actually be a better option.

If we were to go after Lucas Hernandez in January, is he still considered cup-tied since Atletico were in the group stages or would he be eligible to play for us since they dropped to Europa League?

If we were to go after Lucas Hernandez in January, is he still considered cup-tied since Atletico were in the group stages or would he be eligible to play for us since they dropped to Europa League?
He would be cup tied.

I think we’ll get 1 in Jan, and also pick up Alderwereld in the summer for free (assuming he recovers properly from his injury). When you are top, likley to win things and playing beautiful football under the worlds best coach, players will run their contracts down to join you.
See Sanchez, Can etc

Alderweirelds contract runs out in 2020.

Looking at the fixtures I would say we want a CB in before Liverpool away on Jan 14th. An injury to Otamendi and our resources are too stretched. Anything said about when John Stones might be back, presumably before mid Jan?

Looking at the fixtures I would say we want a CB in before Liverpool away on Jan 14th. An injury to Otamendi and our resources are too stretched. Anything said about when John Stones might be back, presumably before mid Jan?

Stones was recently asked if he would be back for Christmas and said no but just after so I expect him to be back hopefully for Watford at home.

Definitely agree with you that we should look to get a CB in as soon as the window opens.

Let's hope it's true. Much better prospect than VVD. @Easy I know you're a fan.

I’m a big fan but think it might be difficult to convince Inter to sell. Skriniar himself might want to stay an extra season as Inter are very likely to play CL next season and could possibly even win the league this year.

Then again I imagine it would be hard for him to turn the chance to play for City given we are flying right now, likely to win trophies and have Pep in charge. It might an opportunity for him that won’t come up again given we could have different targets in 2019.

Skriniar’s rise is also special. Started following him this season. He came from an unknown club from the first league in Slovakia then played for Sampdoria for a season and a half and now shining and putting in many top class performances for table toppers Inter in what is the most competitive Serie A we’ve seen in years. He is also only 22 years old and can play DM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.