Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was the one about "suspicion of handball" after Sane had controlled the ball with his thigh. Just before DeGea saved at his near post.
The only fucker that raised that suspicion, was him.

Wasn't there another classic? Can't remember who was fouled, but one of our players was clipped and a free kick was given, and it was described as "only just a foul". Only just a foul? WTF does that mean? It's a foul or it isn't (and it was). It's implying that fouls against City aren't proper fouls. I was screaming at the telly for a couple of minutes after that!!

I don’t agree. Two things are going on here. First, the usual click bait avenues are doing what they do best, pandering to their target audience. People are talking about the fight in the tunnel because that audience just doesn’t want to hear about the way the rags got humiliated on their own patch.

The second thing that’s going on is that serious football writers - and the overwhelming majority of people who played the game - are talking about the lessons to be learned from that one game. This is where you will hear words and phrases like ‘another level’, like ‘humiliation’ and like ‘blown away’. Read Martin Samuel’s piece. Watch the football writers podcast on BT.

The other thing is that if you look at some overseas media there is only one topic of conversation: one of the great managers leading one of the great teams just got shat on from a very great height.

Plenty of people are talking about the way the rags got owned in their own backyard.

Is this available on the BT Sport app, I-player, etc.?

Yesterday's "Times" (only just got round to it) sports coverage carrying a large advert for a podcast entitled "City celebrations lacking in class".

Guess who it was by? Yes, Alyson Rudd. Is there no way to reply to her venom?

Wasn't there another classic? Can't remember who was fouled, but one of our players was clipped and a free kick was given, and it was described as "only just a foul". Only just a foul? WTF does that mean? It's a foul or it isn't (and it was). It's implying that fouls against City aren't proper fouls. I was screaming at the telly for a couple of minutes after that!!

wasn't the Walker one where he claimed that Walker nearly dived and had to be careful because he'd already been booked?

I've found football365 to be one of the more evenhanded and enjoyable sites around for good commentary and humourous reporting. Mediawatch is normally a good feature where they take the piss out of journalists. Their mail features that they post can provide some gems, this is one of them, check it out towards the bottom of the page. Gavin, if you're on this forum, you deserve a few rounds. Home truths being printed, imagine that.

http://www.football365.com/news/mails-wilfried-zaha-is-achieving-more-than-alexis-sanchez

On the Daily Fail site story they have included a box titled "REDMOND'S STATEMENT IN FULL". How come then that it is NOT his statement in full? Like the snakes they are, they have left out his final paragraph which reads as follows-
"Sadly this story is an example of lazy journalism and is a complete joke. It does no favours to the sports journalists in the game that I like, happily work with and genuinely respect".
Great respect to Nathan, total disrespect to that sleazeball excuse for a newspaper who claim a statement in full yet leave out the embarrassing bit. A downright lie then.

As I said a but further down, I did complain and after an initial reply acknowledging they'd received my complaint, I've now had this

When IPSO receives a complaint, the Executive staff review it first to decide whether the complaint falls within our remit, and whether it raises a possible breach of the Editors’ Code of Practice. We have read your complaint carefully, and have decided that it does not raise a possible breach of the Editors’ Code.

You said this article was inaccurate in breach of Clause 1 (Accuracy) because it stated that it included “Redmond’s Statement in Full”, when in fact the full statement was not included.

IPSO is able to consider complaints from an individual who has been personally and directly affected by the alleged breach of the Editors’ Code of Practice; complaints from a representative group affected by an alleged breach where there is a substantial public interest; and complaints from third parties about accuracy. In the case of third party complaints, we will need to consider the position of the party most closely involved.

In line with our regulations, when we decided whether to take forward your complaint under Clause 1, we took into account the position of the parties most closely involved. In this case, we decided that the alleged inaccuracy related directly to Nathan Redmond, and that it would not be appropriate to investigate your complaint without his input and consent. Because of this, we will not be able to consider your complaint further.

You are entitled to request that the Executive’s decision to reject your complaint be reviewed by IPSO’s Complaints Committee. To do so you will need to write to us in the next seven days, setting out the reasons why you believe the decision should be reviewed. Please note that we are unable to accept requests for review made seven days after the date of this email.

We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider the points you have raised, and have shared this correspondence with the newspaper to make it aware of your concerns.

I've found football365 to be one of the more evenhanded and enjoyable sites around for good commentary and humourous reporting. Mediawatch is normally a good feature where they take the piss out of journalists. Their mail features that they post can provide some gems, this is one of them, check it out towards the bottom of the page. Gavin, if you're on this forum, you deserve a few rounds. Home truths being printed, imagine that.

http://www.football365.com/news/mails-wilfried-zaha-is-achieving-more-than-alexis-sanchez

Absolutely brilliant article by Gavin and very informative.
Any bluemooners who visit Sadcafe should post it on there. They need to learn about their history.

Aye, people are seemingly quick to praise "mind games" and diversionary tactics as clever, but never bother mentioning whether or not it actually helped the team. How clever are his "mind games" from before the derby now?
The mind games things is a load of bollox. Only indulged in by managers who have no real tactics to change a game. The only manager who wins the mind games is the one whose team wins the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.