Ashes 2017/18

smith is and will make a double hundred and they will declare england will not bowl them out anything over 500 and i don't think they will need to bat again england will just cough up the ashes and make a joke of the tour with it only being a couple of weeks old and the ashes gone before christmas

again am mystic meg sorry to say

This is truly embarrassing.

We can only function in English conditions with pitches prepared for our seamers.

No pace in our bowling attack, no proper spin bowler and a bunch of ordinary batsman with little or no application to stay at the crease.

so the only proper test batsman proves Malan and Bairstow's knocks were nada really.

Thank God we have a couple of county and one-day players who can just scrape over 100 when a proper top-level batsman can get 200 and a journeyman can get 170 plus in a day.

What did it for me was when we collapsed from 360 for 4 and some of our team were running away to square leg and trying to hit it over the keeper then laughing (broad) when he was out. Pathetic. I played a bit of county cricket years ago and believe me many cricketers think broad, Swann and prior are/were absolute knobs. Not looking so clever now Broady - scared of the ball and 0-100. Ooops
As you've played first-class cricket what is your opinion of ECB central contracts, have they actually improved England or was it just a coincidental alignment that the likes of Strauss, Cook, Pietersen, Prior, Anderson and Broad all peaked at roughly the same time and that that could have happened regardless of central contracts?

Thing with cricket is, unless you’re a top, top test team, you almost always win home test matches and lose away ones. It’s always been the same and I’m not sure why people expect it to be different. Australia lost away to India and Sri Lanka and drew in Bangladesh recently.
If these test teams met in England, next summer, I dare say England would win the series. That being said, the blame for playing as poorly as we have must rest with the selectors as much as the players, if not more.
I don’t think it can be a great surprise that Broad and Anderson don’t take wickets in Australia, they never have so I’m not sure why they would now. Only 2 bowlers we’ve got capable of 90+ mph bowling are Plunkett and Wood-not there. Leg spinners crave some bounce, which there’s plenty of over there, Rashid not there. Nathan Lyon has a great recent record against left handers, England’s top order is packed with them! The batters don’t play county cricket so, even if there was a pitch with some life and bounce in it, they never see it. Finally, the Kookaburra ball is known to be what they use, why don’t our lads use it the summer before they go?
What we are guilty of, as with many sports England play, is failing to prepare and not being prepared to pick ‘horses for courses’. The sports where we do it properly, we are pretty successful at. Rowing, cycling, swimming (now), rugby union to name a few.

I hope it doesn't rain and affect the outcome.

England don't deserve to be saved by the weather.

This is fast becoming an utter humiliation.

I want a draw anyway just because I want it not be a dead rubber for the next 2 test matches even though we have been outplayed in all departments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.