Players targeted / Leg breaker hack on Sterling and kdb

instructions from pochettino to hurt our best players. same as mourinho last week with rojo on silva and matic elbowing de bruyne. Two of the so called best managers in the premier league and this is all they can come up with. the alli assault needs retrospective action they can do this even if the ref gave a yellow.

Any evidence to back up your comment about Poch? Because I very much doubt that’s his style.

Both were definite red cards and, by the laws of the game, Ota’s too.

While Kane’s foul looked shocking, it’s not his normal MO. In my opinion, Alli’s was malicious and the other two non-intentional.

Any evidence to back up your comment about Poch? Because I very much doubt that’s his style.

While Kane’s foul looked shocking, it’s not his normal MO. In my opinion, Alli’s was malicious and the other two non-intentional.

Otamendi - could have gone either way, no significant follow through so reckless rather than endangering?
Kane - I don't think Pawson saw it fully, or was certain what he saw as he was looking over his shoulder/ducking, but knew it was late. Kane at least didn't complain, knowing it was a bad one. Usually would be red for late, studs first into the calf.
Alli - poor reffing.

Sounds about right to me.

I was surprised to hear some commentary declaring that, "No one has left a foot in or left something on a player yet. What are going to do, just let them walk all over you?" I think it was John Hartson but could be mistaken.

Have we really reached a stage where former professionals are advocating cynical fouls and injuring players? You beat teams by becoming better, improving your tactical awareness and fitness.

Last edited:
I was surprised to hear some commentary declaring that, "No one has left a foot in or something on a player yet. What are going to do, just let them walk all over you?" I think it was John Hartson but could be mistaken.

Have we really reached a stage where former professionals are advocating cynical fouls and injuring players? You beat teams by becoming better, improving your tactical awareness and fitness.

It's not new to suggest that putting in a crunching tackle and taking ball and man is standard policy if you're trying to slow down a better side. Doesn't need to be longterm injuring, but the old Keown-style reducer. People have kicked Silva for years, this year they can't get close (as even PNeville noted midweek).

i5vl1h.jpg
33yjlz9.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.