Watford (H) Post Match Thread

Great to see Merlin back , simply the best Player I have ever seen in a City shirt. Sane benefits massively and has the pace to run onto the perfectly weighted/directed passes.

Good to see Stones and Delph back. Only downside was the Walker injury, just praying it is not to serious with the Dippers game coming up.

It is! When I moved here and City were lets face it, shit, all the scousers loved me. "We love City", "My second favourite team" etc etc. I can tell you, they've changed heir tune now and frankly fuck em! The best was when they beat us at Anfield in 2014. I was in town and Keith, a scouse friend who had been watching the game bumped into me by chance. He was pissed and not only had he just witnessed Liverpool beating City, thereby "winning the league", he bumped into the only City fan he knew. He was all over me = hugs and everything - for him it was the icing on the cake meeting me that day. We all know how that turned out!

It was their year....

He was shite. Merlin booked for a nothing challenge and his first tackle. Kun taken out from behind, defo pen not given.

Even though his booking looked harsh it was down to his pull on the players shirt/shoulder, sure the rule now is if you pull a player back like that it's an automatic yellow, after some of the tackles we've been on the receiving end of recently it does seem a joke. However i also thought he was very very lucky that his 'lunge' a little later didn't connect as Mason would have definitely have sent him off, he wasn't happy with his reaction to the booking and threatened him with a red at that point.

Glad to see Dave back to his best though.

come on arses tomorrow

imrs7d.jpg

Hope Kyle Walker's okay, he's been immense this season and will be a big loss if out for a lengthy period.

Hope Kyle Walker's okay, he's been immense this season and will be a big loss if out for a lengthy period.
Agree entirely been fantastic since coming over from spurs, think Delph has been fantastic too, must hav3 been hard being villa captain ( big fish in a small pond) to go to fringe player. Must have sapped his confidence but now at left back he looks the part, passing and tackling.( love the way city get the ball back so quickly now and counter so quickly, they are a joy to watch.thank you pep.

Heard a blue on talkshite on way home saying game was boring, some poeple cant see game management yes we slowed it down second half and yes at times it was boring we all want to see city score 10 but i was impressed with the way the players just did enough to win without putting to much effort in and managing the game, totally bossing it, and conserving energy and fitness a very professional display.

Simply not possible for everyone to give 100% and hit top form in, what, 60 games. All the more pleasing that we’ve come through a tricky period intact.

If anyone’s not delighted with 62/66 points, they should consider taking up another hobby.

I think after 15 minutes we decided we didn't need to try too hard, and it gave Watford more opportunity and yes we were sloppy at times and it made Watford's press look good, but if it had been September and we'd been really arsed it would have been 4/5/6-0 at HT the way Watford were playing. They got fortunate we were saving ourselves.

City have raised the bar so high performance-wise, last night felt a bit meh. The magic was still there, but spread a bit thin, result never in doubt, but but but, ( ok nitpicking ol bastard)
Body language expert I am not, but Kun is not the player he was, seems to be carrying a weight on his shoulders , his goal celebration was very low-key.
Unlikely to be an injury i m o we are not that desperate to risk a player surely .
Champagne was a bit flat then, the league table still shows 3 points gained and that will have to do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.