January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a full 17 player list for the start of the season, Muric was added as we needed 3 keepers but I think he is now eligible for the B list as he joined 2 years ago this January. If a centre back joins then Mangala will probably leave freeing another spot which would give us 2 spaces. The question would then be would Zinchenko be added at Mendy's expense?

"We needed 3 keepers"?
We also have Grimshaw on the B list. That's 4! Last year Pep only had Bravo and Willy plus 1 on the B list.
I start to consider City were believing Muric could be on the B list and then had to cancel 1 name from the A list: Zinchenko.
Just speculation of course, as I don't have any reasonable explanation. Somebody?

On Mangala:
Honestly I suspect a new CB would come in to replace Komps on the list, as he unfortunately isn't reliable anymore and Pep seems to be quite disappointed.
Mangala didn't do too bad as a back up CB I think. And Mangala seems to refuse leaving. I think he will stay till summer. Then we'll see.

Depth is important so losing Yaya would be a problem considering there is no one else to really back Fernandinho up. That being said, Yaya really looks out to pasture the last few appearances I've seen from him

Depth is important so losing Yaya would be a problem considering there is no one else to really back Fernandinho up. That being said, Yaya really looks out to pasture the last few appearances I've seen from him
I thought Yaya left in the summer the way he's been walking around the pitch. Taking the Uncle Yaya a bit too far and now tends to play walking football which is becoming more obvious now Pep has them playing at a high tempo. I'd rather get in a LB and let Delph provide the cover at least until the summer.

I thought Yaya left in the summer the way he's been walking around the pitch. Taking the Uncle Yaya a bit too far and now tends to play walking football which is becoming more obvious now Pep has them playing at a high tempo. I'd rather get in a LB and let Delph provide the cover at least until the summer.

I mean, the dropoff from this time last season is enormous IMHO. He looks like he hasn't trained in ages or has dramatically aged

Delph would be ideal as back up to Fernandinho. I think Danny Lowe would also be ok there.

Gundogan might be a good option, agreed. Delph is going to be long needed as the LB as Danilo should be used only against lesser competition or in emergencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.