Burnley (3rd rd FA Cup) Post Match thread

I agree. Games like today showed we don't need away fans in the bottom tier. Having a full first tier with just city fans makes a big difference. Having away fans in the middle just breaks up the fans and stops the south stand singing /celebrating as one - like it did in the second half.

I agree, far more of a fortress to see full end of city fans celebrate our goals than layers having to run passed miserable looking away fans. It needs addressing.

In time it will make the noise spread and get more singers in to SS lower and kippax.

Well 5 shots on target resulting in 4 goals.
Imagine what the score could have been if a few more of our 15 other shots had been on target.

And we've been there. When we had nothing and our backs were to the wall, we would have lauded such a style as a need to just get points and stay in the league.
Yes we have, and we all agreed it was shite at the time. Pearce managed to reduce the average attendance by just shy of 10,000.

A player who in the past I have questioned is fast becoming one of my favourite players. Otamendi has been superb this season and has held that back line together no matter which partner he has had, and he’s had a few. Well done Otta!

I'm assuming Leroy must have been getting some stick off the Dingles, hence the shushing and finger pointing at the top tier of the SS. To do with the sitter he missed?

No he didnt. The two men were at our club simultaneously, thats all
We played horrible football under Pearce and a goal was a memorable event. He didn't have the players and neither do most of the other premier league teams now. It's only becoming apparent this season as the gulf between what Pep is doing, and what the rest are doing, is so wide, and laid bare every week.

I hope that this is the dawning of a new age in English football. The standard is generally poor and the technical ability low. Teams do.not play as a unit but watch a couple of individuals do something good, generally through pace . At the moment, others cannot cope and, as a consequence , we generally see terrible performances from our opposition, sitting all men behind the ball and hoping, and cheering, for an occasional error that creates an opportunity.

Dyche is recognised for his results. Other than one move this season, I can't think of praise that Burnley have received for their football quality.

A player who in the past I have questioned is fast becoming one of my favourite players. Otamendi has been superb this season and has held that back line together no matter which partner he has had, and he’s had a few. Well done Otta!
Also I know he wasn't in goal yesterday but ederson has been imense gives confidence to the defenders to do there job knowing they have a world class keeper behind them

Also I know he wasn't in goal yesterday but ederson has been imense gives confidence to the defenders to do there job knowing they have a world class keeper behind them

I know he didn’t do too much wrong, but we missed Eddie yesterday as you say instils so much confidence. Every time Bravo had the ball at his feet, comes for a cross, or rather doesn’t come puts the defence under pressure. Eddie gets us moving so much quicker and that adds pace and quick movement to our game. No one has ever convinced me of the virtue of rotating goalkeepers. Yes, you could argue we need to give Bravo game time just in case of an Eddie injury, or keeping them happy but Eddie for me every time.

Burnley are comfortably 7th in the league. With their resources, anyway you look at it, that is a fantastic achievement. They are ahead of Everton FFS! Anyone think their fans are questioning the style of play? Of course not, they are revelling in the best Burnley side in living memory...

Wow. I must be dead then.

In Sane's living memory, true.

Isn't he complaining at not getting the cross for his hat trick?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.