Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several ESPN pundits are now talking about why a move to United would not be beneficial to the club (stunting young player growth, upsetting the wage structure, unbalancing the side, etc)...

Walking things back?

Wrong again.

Pep places less emphasis on pass completion from his forwards, as they have regularly stated.

He empowers them to take risks in the final third, regardless of outcome.

The whole premise of Guardiola's set-up is to get us to that attacking point by controlling the first two phases upfield.

That way, our forwards losing the ball upfield means we can also win it back high and minimise the counter.

I'm sure Pep gets frustrated by Sane, Sterling and Sergio gifting up cheap possession with sloppy passing, but the rewards outweigh the risks.

Pep does encourage risks but he has stated dozens of times that he wants his forwards involved in the build up.

It's been his mantra every time someone asks him about Aguero, "I like my forward to be involved more in the build up" time after time after time.

Vardy is not involved in build up play at all, which is why he only thrives when Leicester go long or someone like Okazaki bridge that gap, but we won't play 2 up front until Mendy comes back.

Several ESPN pundits are now talking about why a move to United would not be beneficial to the club (stunting young player growth, upsetting the wage structure, unbalancing the side, etc)...

Walking things back?

I think it's merely a transfer that would have very obvious up and downsides for both clubs and as such while no one in the press knows the outcome, they'll discuss hypoteticals.

Walking things back?
Could we be getting to use this beauty again? I damn hope so :D
CRcCni8UsAAxfo5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.