Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the appeal with Evans is that he is available now, is familiar with the league so can hit the ground running, is left footed, comfortable in possession, and is happy to play a back up role. As you rightly point out, there are plenty of centre halves better than him but not sure many fit all those criteria.

He's never played in a team anything remotely like this one though. I honestly don't see how anyone, even Pep, can be fully confident he will be able to instantly fit in.

As others have said, rarely do "squad player" signings work out. I'd rather promote Tosin, who is a much better player than Mangala.

I’ll tell you why this is a non starter. The first time he fucks up hes never ever going to forget it, nobody will let him. You all might say you’ll give him a chance but deep down, the minute he does something wrong it’s gonna be brought up.

He will never be accepted, not truly.
Personally I hate the guy and he will get no chances from me, but even the board as a whole are we reflective of how City fans feel as a group anyway, if its just because he used to play for united we have had united players in the past and I don't recall any of them getting any stick, it's much more common for homegrown players to get it

Yeah, personally I’d prefer that too but I can’t think of a top CB that we could acquire this window. Presumably the club think, rightly or wrongly, that it’s too risky to potentially jeopardise this season with the existing options.

My problem with this move is that we should be buying someone to push Ota/Stones to even greater things....not buying "backups" with the intention of them only being backups in a emergency....seems to be setting the bar low and thats not how you stay one step ahead of the pack!

But as a 3rd or 4th choice centreback surely he will be good enough? And like I said I don’t want him. But 12 months ago we all thought Otamendi was rubbish and look at him now. All peps signings up to now ok, part from bravo.

Surely the argument is, In the event of injury to either Stone`s or Otamendi is he good enough to play in our 1st team in a defence that doesnt sit back with 11 men behind the ball. Not whether he`s good enough to sit warming his arse on the bench.

Big games coming up in Champions League do you want to risk JFE against Barca and the like. He`s a West Brom level defender.

Personally I hate the guy and he will get no chances from me, but even the board as a whole are we reflective of how City fans feel as a group anyway, if its just because he used to play for united we have had united players in the past and I don't recall any of them getting any stick, it's much more common for homegrown players to get it
Andy Cole was a complete twat who downed tools and conned is into releasing him, peter schmeichel I didn’t mind because he was still class in goal.

None of the other x united players in my time were actually fans of theirs. Now I didn’t say it would be just because he’s a united fan ! I mentioned ability as well as price and age. It’s really a collective of things. In the back of the minds of fans it will be there, bubbling away

Demichellis, Viera both did jobs for us.

I'd say that the success of Demichelis is up for debate. At least his fee (£5m if I remember correctly) was reasonable. Twenty million pounds is not reasonable for a bang average 30 year old centre half. Also, the fact that you can only name two from a long list that perhaps weren't terrible in recent years proves my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.