Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did we want to sign him then at such an advanced stage of his career? I agree fully with Dribble wanted him but not at any cost.

We were interested last summer based on our performances last season. I don't think even Pep has considered the progress made by Sterling and Sane this year, hence we bought Bernado Silva as well.

Now that we sit top table with a sizeable gap and playing football, Sanchez became more a player we don't mind waiting to get for free next summer. What has forced our hand abit is Jesus's injury and Aguero's on-off form. Still a crisis, but not enough to spend 500k per week on a player like Sanchez. We take the pinch of not signing him this window and funnel that amount to get another player who would be a better investment than Sanchez.

he is not now, but he deserves to go down as one of the best wide forwards. His legs have gone. It's obvious. I can count on one hand the number of times he has beaten a player out wide. He used to run past players like they weren't there. it was effortless. It was like Sane. Now he just runs into blind alleys and loses the ball. He used to be able to play as centre-forward or as an out and out winger. Now he drops deeper and deeper. Same for Chile

He's never been as quick as Sane and has always run into blind alleys and lost the ball though. He's still a great dribbler but he's always overdribbled. Look at the stats, his dispossed stat is actually lower this year than all his prior years at Arsenal. It's just when he's on form fans don't care as much because he scores or assists. His form has always been patchy too.

The assumption was he was better last year because he scored more but he was playing as a false 9 last year with everything going through him. This year he's moved back out wide and like his first 2 seasons isn't as effective. And as a false 9 it hurt the team because the space in the box was vacant.

At United Mourinho will play him on the wing and he'll probably average 14 goals and 8 assists in the league each season. That's very good but is it worth 500k a week>?

We were interested last summer based on our performances last season. I don't think even Pep has considered the progress made by Sterling and Sane this year, hence we bought Bernado Silva as well.

Now that we sit top table with a sizeable gap and playing football, Sanchez became more a player we don't mind waiting to get for free next summer. What has forced our hand abit is Jesus's injury and Aguero's on-off form. Still a crisis, but not enough to spend 500k per week on a player like Sanchez. We take the pinch of not signing him this window and funnel that amount to get another player who would be a better investment than Sanchez.
That is my reading of what as happened.

Why did we want to sign him then at such an advanced stage of his career? I agree fully with Dribble wanted him but not at any cost.
I asked the same question in the Summer, but at 28 it made some sense, and we had yet to see him this season. After seeing him this season, and 6 months on, it makes less sense. Some people still think RVP was a success at Utd, and he gave them 1 season. Utd are giving Sanchez a 4 1/2 year contract at aged 29 when his legs have gone. I don't object to the money. I object to any club with Champions League and title ambitions making a move for a player when he's got little left to give.

28 isn't particularly old. Some players are still going strong in their 30s. vardy is still super quick in his 30s. But Sanchez is not one of those players. He has the quality to play deeper and maybe that's where Utd will end up playing him, but I am very relieved he's not coming here. It would have wrecked our future development.

United working to a noon deadline according to the MUEN. Is this some way of trying to avoid a "Snubbed" headline?

He's never been as quick as Sane and has always run into blind alleys and lost the ball though. He's still a great dribbler but he's always overdribbled. Look at the stats, his dispossed stat is actually lower this year than all his prior years at Arsenal. It's just when he's on form fans don't care as much because he scores or assists. His form has always been patchy too.

The assumption was he was better last year because he scored more but he was playing as a false 9 last year with everything going through him. This year he's moved back out wide and like his first 2 seasons isn't as effective. And as a false 9 it hurt the team because the space in the box was vacant.

At United Mourinho will play him on the wing and he'll probably average 14 goals and 8 assists in the league each season. That's very good but is it worth 500k a week>?
He dribbles now and loses it continually. He wasn't always like that. He was a devastating wide attacking player. His passing game is now the best part of his game. I can see him in 12 months in midfield at Utd playing where Mata plays. He wont be a wing man for long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.