Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key to what Klopp said is him saying any club with money would buy Sanchez. That he was intersted but are not in it and he is going to United.

So he does not think City pulled out just because of money.

The fact that both teams in Manchester were in for him meant one club decided they no longer wanted him.

You could interpret that a dozen ways because English is not his first language.

My take is - Liverpool would like him, but could not match United and he is set on going there.

City pulled out not because we could not afford him but because he flirted with the opposition across town so we said bye bye.

Which is what happened by the looks of it - though not because it was United - but because it was anybody and Pep wanted someone 100% committed to City .

But not sure why Klopp would back off from clarifying that. Seems uncontentious and a reasonable interpretation.

Why are people taking from this comment that Klopp is defending the rags? We over thinking this by a long way....He just thinks we could afford to do the deal if we wanted too! You can also take his comments as saying he thinks once Sanchez/agent started the bidding war with the rags, we pulled out because we felt he was no longer fully committed to signing for Pep, so that WE moved on...(one maybe thinks "I dont want him(Sanchez anymore). I dont see any conspiracy

"Maybe it's because there are two opportunities in Manchester and maybe he thinks to go to one or the other, and then one maybe thinks, 'I don't want him [Sanchez] anymore'. It's not about money.

The key to what Klopp said is him saying any club with money would buy Sanchez. That he was intersted but are not in it and he is going to United.

So he does not think City pulled out just because of money.

The fact that both teams in Manchester were in for him meant one club decided they no longer wanted him.

You could interpret that a dozen ways because English is not his first language.

My take is - Liverpool would like him, but could not match United and he is set on going there.

City pulled out not because we could not afford him but because he flirted with the opposition across town so we said bye bye.

Which is what happened by the looks of it so not sure why he would back off from clarifying that.

spot on mate...dont think he was having a dig at us!

Klopp says he did not think we would have pulled out over money and that there are two teams in Manchester.

As any team with the money would go for Sanchez.

That was about it,

Made little sense. As usual.
Made a lot of sense, he said clearly there are two teams in Manchester (rivals) when a player mentions the other is a possibility the other pulls out, clearly he was saying it was a lack of respect by Sanchez to even mention the rags.

Last edited:
Why are people taking from this comment that Klopp is defending the rags? We over thinking this by a long way....He just thinks we could afford to do the deal if we wanted too! You can also take his comments as saying he thinks once Sanchez/agent started the bidding war with the rags, we pulled out because we felt he was no longer fully committed to signing for Pep, so that WE moved on...(one maybe thinks "I dont want him(Sanchez anymore). I dont see any conspiracy

"Maybe it's because there are two opportunities in Manchester and maybe he thinks to go to one or the other, and then one maybe thinks, 'I don't want him [Sanchez] anymore'. It's not about money.

As you see I agree that is what I think he meant.

But he seemed to want not to say it as it would cause headlines or something. Yet the media (eg Ashton in the Sun today) said much the same in his surprisingly accurate and pro City article today headed TURNCOAT - in big letters - subheaded Sanchez has done the dirty on Pep.

No interpretation needed there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.