Bristol City (A) LeagueCup SF 2nd Leg - PreMatch Thread

Bristol City v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
DUFTMChX0AgV_XS.jpg

Evening chaps.
While I don't think we will be able to spring a surprise on you, like the first leg, we'll give it a go.
Finally, some of our injured players are on the way back so we should have a couple of different options. While Bobby Reid has been doing a sterling job for us on his own up front, he's only a little dapper so the return of Famara Diedhou , our record signing is a welcome addition. I know it's not much to you but we paid £5.3M for him which is a hell of a sum for us. He's physically bigger than Bobby and should offer a different set of problems. Hopefully Mangala will play again as, with all respect, he was shocking at your place.
I wathed your game against Newcastle nd was hoping KDB would pull up with something that stops him playing on Tuesday but que sera.
As I said, I don't think we'll be able to spring any surprises but we'll give it a right good go.
To those heading down, have a safe journey and if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try and answer them for you.
My prediction is that you'll have too much for us but we'll make it as difficult as we can.
1-3. :(
Welcome to the board Cider. I'm working in Bristol at the minute and drinking in the Drawbridge pub next to the Hippodrome on Tue. Is the ground in walking distance from there? I was impressed with Bristol on Friday against Derby, should be a decent game and I can see it being a tough game, I wouldn't be surprised if its a draw. Looking forward to it.

Evening chaps.
While I don't think we will be able to spring a surprise on you, like the first leg, we'll give it a go.
Finally, some of our injured players are on the way back so we should have a couple of different options. While Bobby Reid has been doing a sterling job for us on his own up front, he's only a little dapper so the return of Famara Diedhou , our record signing is a welcome addition. I know it's not much to you but we paid £5.3M for him which is a hell of a sum for us. He's physically bigger than Bobby and should offer a different set of problems. Hopefully Mangala will play again as, with all respect, he was shocking at your place.
I wathed your game against Newcastle nd was hoping KDB would pull up with something that stops him playing on Tuesday but que sera.
As I said, I don't think we'll be able to spring any surprises but we'll give it a right good go.
To those heading down, have a safe journey and if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try and answer them for you.
My prediction is that you'll have too much for us but we'll make it as difficult as we can.
1-3. :(

I thought the first game was a cracking game, and you were probably unlucky to lose, but I think we will go full strength against you on Tuesday. Take it as a compliment! And good luck with your league campaign whatever happens on Tuesday.

Are you not disappointed in your league form Cider? Looking at your recent results and your position I would be trying to achieve an automatic place not be distracted by the League cup. Great day out if you make it to Wembley - but even if you went through on Tuesday you still have Premiership opposition to face and at Wembley that can be a daunting prospect.

We've looked totally burnt out at times TOK due to a small squad and a fair few injuries. The gubbing at Villa apart, we haven't been playing badly and. I'm sure, the semi final had had a part to play in our recent run of poor results. As we had no expectation of being where we are, there's no real upset but, once you put us out of the Carabao on Tuesday, we will, hopefully, get back to our previous form. The injured are slowly coing back and we're supposed to be signing a couple more so that should help as well.
When we were in the pub league (League 1) we did the Wembley thing in the JPT so appreciate what you say about the 'day out' but we haven't been in a major final since 1909 so Premier league opposition or not, IF we get there, we don't mind but getting there would be big for us.

Welcome to the board Cider. I'm working in Bristol at the minute and drinking in the Drawbridge pub next to the Hippodrome on Tue. Is the ground in walking distance from there? I was impressed with Bristol on Friday against Derby, should be a decent game and I can see it being a tough game, I wouldn't be surprised if its a draw. Looking forward to it.
If you're not in a rush it's walkable P2 but it's a fair hike (40 minutes I suppose). Jump on either a water taxi or the 24 bus and you'll be a fair bit closer.

I thought the first game was a cracking game, and you were probably unlucky to lose, but I think we will go full strength against you on Tuesday. Take it as a compliment! And good luck with your league campaign whatever happens on Tuesday.
Thanks Chris, we've had worse away days to be fair, it was a good one (apart from the trip home) but your first team is sheer quality! As I said, we'll have a right go and will make it as difficult as we can but we will play the same way as we just cannot park the bus like some do.
A full strength Man C team should see you through with relative ease but we're still in the tie which most, ourselves included didn't expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.