City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

And that is part of the problem itself. Fans are sick and tired of being 'monetized' and milked of cash. Sometimes its hard not
to believe that is the only thing the club cares about when it comes to the fans.
Throw in a few other things like: 'The Match Day Experience' which is nothing short of chronic with a couple of screaming idiots 'entertaining' us and the
constantly changing match day kick off times its hardly surprising that some fans are giving it miss for a variety of reasons.
Another reason is the long standing and loyal fans who have been kicked out of their seats so the club can make them 'corporate' who have been split up from their long-standing mates & friends to having sit somewhere completely different where they don't know anyone. Is it any wonder they can't be arsed turning up for games like Newcastle where you know they are going to put 11 men behind the ball for 80+ minutes of the game?
The issue is much wider than first thought and the club need to take some responsibility for it and begin to make the 'normal' fan welcome again and not just the corporate Johnnies who pay silly money for a seat and spend a wallet full of cash in the club shop.
You reap what you sow...

And that is part of the problem itself. Fans are sick and tired of being 'monetized' and milked of cash. Sometimes its hard not
to believe that is the only thing the club cares about when it comes to the fans.
Throw in a few other things like: 'The Match Day Experience' which is nothing short of chronic with a couple of screaming idiots 'entertaining' us and the
constantly changing match day kick off times its hardly surprising that some fans are giving it miss for a variety of reasons.
Another reason is the long standing and loyal fans who have been kicked out of their seats so the club can make them 'corporate' who have been split up from their long-standing mates & friends to having sit somewhere completely different where they don't know anyone. Is it any wonder they can't be arsed turning up for games like Newcastle where you know they are going to put 11 men behind the ball for 80+ minutes of the game?
The issue is much wider than first thought and the club need to take some responsibility for it and begin to make the 'normal' fan welcome again and not just the corporate Johnnies who pay silly money for a seat and spend a wallet full of cash in the club shop.
You reap what you sow...

I guess some people like all the razzmatazz crap. I agree with you though!

The away game may well have affected the decision making of some. That was dross from Newcastle as it was on Saturday. 5.30 kick off on a Saturday not good for some either with pre planned nights out etc. I’m sure this affects midweek attendances too.

I just don’t think football is the be all and end all for some and as it is such a middle class sport now from an affordability point of view, those who miss a few games don’t feel the financial hit.

Also to add the missed matchday revenue due to people not attending i.e: food, drink, programme, souvenir shop etc....I'm not sure what the average person spends on a matchday but it all adds up.
Don't know if I am an average fan but I vowed never to spend any money at the game when my season ticket went over £500 and have kept to it.

You reap what you sow...
very well said. Fully agree. But will the suits take a slight bit of notice on the off chance they read this?.....not a chance!

Well for one thing it may mean the club are missing out on revenue. I reckon quite a few of the empty seats are ones that the club has held back for various reasons. So they're listed as not available for people looking to buy seats. And the fewer seats that are occupied, the worse the atmosphere will be.

Plus there's a psychological element to it I reckon. If people watch on the TV & see a full stadium then they're more likely to want to be there themselves.

The club are only missing out on revenue if they are holding back the seats, not sure why they would do that. If people have bought tickets and not turned up, then the club might be missing out on revenue, but maybe not. I go to most games and spend nothing but my ticket with the club.

The Psychological element. Where is your evidence that a full stadium makes others want to attend?
Surely its game and the atmosphere that attracts people. That would mean its not the empty seats that are the problem , but the full ones that are occupied by quiet fans.

If you are correct and a full stadium attracts more fans, then that might be a good thing for the club bit maybe not for the fans. If more fans are attracted to the club then the demand for tickets goes up and that almost inevitably leads to an increase in price for those tickets (which is where the advantage for the club comes from) I am not sure higher prices are an advantage for the fans.

The club are only missing out on revenue if they are holding back the seats, not sure why they would do that. If people have bought tickets and not turned up, then the club might be missing out on revenue, but maybe not. I go to most games and spend nothing but my ticket with the club.

The Psychological element. Where is your evidence that a full stadium makes others want to attend?
Surely its game and the atmosphere that attracts people. That would mean its not the empty seats that are the problem , but the full ones that are occupied by quiet fans.

If you are correct and a full stadium attracts more fans, then that might be a good thing for the club bit maybe not for the fans. If more fans are attracted to the club then the demand for tickets goes up and that almost inevitably leads to an increase in price for those tickets (which is where the advantage for the club comes from) I am not sure higher prices are an advantage for the fans.
The thing is I know the club hold back or give out wads of tickets either for staff or for other groups (students, work social clubs, sports clubs, etc). If they've given them out then they can't sell them to other people, even if they're unsold.

I had my single seat in CBL3 on the Exchange for the Bournemouth game and it didn't sell. There must be a problem with the site if it wasn't showing.

Every seat in CBL3 was blanked out as being unavailable. I looked three times in the week and there were singles the first two times but the last time I looked it was showing a 'sell out'!

I was talking to the guy next to me on Saturday. He is 65 and supported us for years. He said he is considering not renewing his season ticket for next year. He added the cost of parking and the inconvenience of getting home after games plus the cost of his season ticket just make him think it isn't worth it anymore. He can pay for a sports package and sit at home in comfort watching a lot of games. His son is probably 30-35 and also a season ticket holder. He too didn't attend on Saturday as he was going out with his girlfriend and it messed this up being a late kick off. He asked his wife if she wanted to go in his place but she said not in this weather I am staying home and watching it on the tv.

I admitted to him I am also wavering on renewing next year also and I have supported us for fifty years this year. We both were slightly baffled as to why we feel this way when we are now playing some of the best football we have ever seen and winning trophies after years of barren dross. There was no defining answer. Age, cost and inconvenience all were mentioned. My metrolink/bus ticket has now risen to £7 and I cannot get a direct tram anymore, Saturday was the last day. Now for £6.99 I can buy a sky tv 24 hour pass, watch our game if we are on and maybe two other games. To stay at home in the warmth is very tempting and to do so I am not out of pocket as the pass is the same as the travel costs. If long standing fans are feeling this way then we better hope there are a lot of youngsters ready to take our place, it is slightly worrying.

oh thats just bollocks
you pay for your ticket, then its up to you if you attend or not.
if you get upset by empty seats you really need to have a rethink about your life.
I was merely responding to Exeter's comments. I couldn't give a shit about empty seats as mine has been used (by me) for all but a handful of games since we moved. And people not turning up means less traffic for the rest of us to fight through.

I was talking to the guy next to me on Saturday. He is 65 and supported us for years. He said he is considering not renewing his season ticket for next year. He added the cost of parking and the inconvenience of getting home after games plus the cost of his season ticket just make him think it isn't worth it anymore. He can pay for a sports package and sit at home in comfort watching a lot of games. His son is probably 30-35 and also a season ticket holder. He too didn't attend on Saturday as he was going out with his girlfriend and it messed this up being a late kick off. He asked his wife if she wanted to go in his place but she said not in this weather I am staying home and watching it on the tv.

I admitted to him I am also wavering on renewing next year also and I have supported us for fifty years this year. We both were slightly baffled as to why we feel this way when we are now playing some of the best football we have ever seen and winning trophies after years of barren dross. There was no defining answer. Age, cost and inconvenience all were mentioned. My metrolink/bus ticket has now risen to £7 and I cannot get a direct tram anymore, Saturday was the last day. Now for £6.99 I can buy a sky tv 24 hour pass, watch our game if we are on and maybe two other games. To stay at home in the warmth is very tempting and to do so I am not out of pocket as the pass is the same as the travel costs. If long standing fans are feeling this way then we better hope there are a lot of youngsters ready to take our place, it is slightly worrying.

That isn't worrying mate,its a scandal that this scenario is at your feet,does my head in,the fact you have been going all this time and arguably for you,but definitely for me,as reading between the lines I'm around 20/25 years younger,witnessing the best ever football the club has produced.

We all know one day we will all have to give up going,but whilst you are fit and healthy keep at it mate,the cost can be forgot about,(sometimes !),but enjoy what is being shown in front of your eyes live for as long as you possibly can

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.