Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
jesus is coming back soon and sane is out for 6 weeks. i dont think thats enough to say lets spend 60m on a back up player and i think we have more then enough. my worry is diaz basically has no chance of getting enough game time and will en dup leaving. with everyone fit, he doesnt make the bench. just my opinion though.

Don’t believe the propaganda. We are not spending 60m on a back up. The club is thinking long term never short.

Jesus is average when he plays LW. Diaz is young, he will probably go out on loan next season, impress, and come back to the first team. Patience is key.

Jeez! £50+ million replacement for injured Sané? That’s insane.

It would be a good coup mind you, and even when Sané comes back I don’t think Mahrez would drop immediately to the bench. Depending on form he could give either Sané or Sterling a run for their money.

If it’s true though that Mahrez has handed in a transfer request then I expect competition from Arsenal too

He is a great player but as others have said, he is more effective on the right wing, like Sterling and Bernardo. Sterling would have to play more on the left wing and I don't know if that's a good idea. We'll see.
I don’t think Sterling is anywhere near the player he is when he pla
Play him in front of sterling or Bernardo on the right?
Not for me.
Bernardo growing in to that position more and more.
The right side of our attack seems like last place we need strengthening.
I'm guessing pep wants him to rotate with Sane.
I like Mahrez he's a good player.
Not sure we need him though.
I'm a little underwhelmed by it.

I’m a big big fan of B.Silva and hope he rotates more with D.Siva and KDB in the creative role in the middle but for me he’s not as effective as Marhez from the right,
I’m not saying play him in front of Sterling just play them equally allowing for rest and rotation without losing any quality
I would be willing to say imo if marhez came now and we got to the CL final he would start that game over Sterling and by the time that happened and City fans had seen what he’s capable of nobody would have a problem with it

Might have to check back in the Sanchez thread whether Diaz was mentioned so much. I don't remember it being so prevalent.

I'd never want us to block a young players' progression, unless it was a top or near top quality player in a season when both domestic and European success is on the horizon.

Why can so many people not see this is NOT because of Sane. It might have tipped the time scale a bit. But Mahrez is instead of Sanchez not because one player is injured. He was being considered when Sane was 100% fit.

We did not just bid for Sanchez because of an injury. As soon as that deal went south we started considering who we would go for next and likely had considered Mahrez ages ago as an alternative.

Probably might have waited to the Summer otherwise. But likely would have happened at some stage.
This!

Don’t believe the propaganda. We are not spending 60m on a back up. The club is thinking long term never short.

Jesus is average when he plays LW. Diaz is young, he will probably go out on loan next season, impress, and come back to the first team. Patience is key.

its not propaganda. when everyones fit mahrez will be second choice imo. who does he get ahead of ? sane and sterling when fit are better players. if diaz goes on loan and comes back he has the exact same problem at this year - no room on the bench and who does he replace ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.