Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think the referees have failed to deal with them? In full view of them or their assistants, but failed to make the correct decision. Too many to be mistakes.
games getting quicker and players cheat. My seat is really close to the pitch. I see some clashes and it's incredibly difficult to judge real time whether a player has been fouled particularly Sterling whose feet can be a blur. Every single decision from throw-ins to penalty shouts are contested. it's getting more difficult.

There's probably an element of bias towards clubs like Utd - take for example the Valencia foul on Alli which was as clear a penalty as you will ever get - but I don't think this season is any worse for us in terms of refereeing than before. Remember the season when we won the title and the problems we had with Balotelli and Kompany and Man Utd getting every decision going? We've gone through a period where we have lost players to injury through bad tackles but I can not say that this season we have faced any concerted attempt to injure our players. I don't think Guardiola has said that either. He's just made his feelings known about some individual challenges.

games getting quicker and players cheat. My seat is really close to the pitch. I see some clashes and it's incredibly difficult to judge real time whether a player has been fouled particularly Sterling whose feet can be a blur. Every single decision from throw-ins to penalty shouts are contested. it's getting more difficult.

There's probably an element of bias towards clubs like Utd - take for example the Valencia foul on Alli which was as clear a penalty as you will ever get - but I don't think this season is any worse for us in terms of refereeing than before. Remember the season when we won the title and the problems we had with Balotelli and Kompany and Man Utd getting every decision going? We've gone through a period where we have lost players to injury through bad tackles but I can not say that this season we have faced any concerted attempt to injure our players. I don't think Guardiola has said that either. He's just made his feelings known about some individual challenges.

If referees are dishing out yellow cards for these challenges, it should be because they have seen the foul and are sure of the action that needs to be taken. De Bruyne is quoted as saying that Madley told him McClean didn't get enough on him to give a red, yet the intention was clear for all to see, a studs up lunge from behind that only luck prevented serious injury. Madley admitted to Kev that if he actually caught him it would have been red, yet a red can and should be given for wreckless intent.

If referees are dishing out yellow cards for these challenges, it should be because they have seen the foul and are sure of the action that needs to be taken. De Bruyne is quoted as saying that Madley told him McClean didn't get enough on him to give a red, yet the intention was clear for all to see, a studs up lunge from behind that only luck prevented serious injury. Madley admitted to Kev that if he actually caught him it would have been red, yet a red can and should be given for wreckless intent.
Your wasting your time , he refuses to see what we all can see, it must make him feel safer.

Premier League are no doubt pissed we are streets ahead, they would much rather it be a close run thing, refs are told to manage the situation, no surprise we are being targeted.

The intentional injuries to our players by the likes of WBA players reminds me of a post I saw here a while back about a remark made by somebody's headmaster that "football is for people of minor intelligence". Perhaps the headmaster was thinking of the thugs in football?

As a WBA player, why would you want to cripple a City player in the dying moments of a game that you are losing 3-0? You would think they'd want our players fit and healthy as although we are done with WBA this season we still have to play SWANSEA CITY and SOUTHAMPTON. WBA are only 3 points behind those two teams and all three stuck at the bottom of the table currently. Seems they can't see that far ahead. So fuck WBA and their thugs. Hopefully WBA and Cardiff City can kick lumps out of each other in the championship next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.