City's New Badge - Do You Like It?

GET IN THERE! FINALLY!

Fucking well happy if that's true! Back to Manchester City's proper traditional club colours

manchester-city-1904-fa-cup-winners-team-photo-with-welsh-wizard-billy-BH6DBT.jpg

Footy Headlines who are always correct have said so, I also asked a mate who works at City in marketing and he said it’s correct.

The club had made the decision they wanted the rose on the badge pre ‘consultation’. They had to work backwards to fudge it on the badge when the fan poll had the three rivers as the most popular.

Agree with the blue shorts though. Naff.
That's not true. The consultation determined what was going on the badge and the rose was championed by several fans. A large number of votes came in for the rose after the 1894 group had said they wanted a return to the rose badge and I think that ultimately swung it. Personally, I never wanted it on there but public opinion won through. I've heard lots of people say the badge was designed or had stuff added to it late on, but the truth is that the consultation directly impacted on what was created. Hundreds of designs were made during the process as votes and comments started to appear and I know that the date for example became something fans clearly wanted.

The birdie emblem was a fabrication with no historical references, whereas the ship/rivers/rose reflect heritage.

It was done to death on a previous thread but Manchester was in Lancs for most of City's past, hence the rose. If you scrap that, why not the ship and rivers too?
I hate to support the eagle but it did have historical significance and was used by City initially in the late 1950s. We didn't wear it on shirts back then but it did appear on club publications. It was also worn by MUFC in the 1958 fa cup final and so when it was introduced in 1997 I was not a fan of it, but it did have historical significance. On the rose, it actually appears on the Manchester coat of arms too, so it is Mancunian as much as the ship.

Yep I liked the badge when it was first unveiled and like it even more now. Never a fan of the eagle and pointless stars and anytime I c it now I detest it, the new one is just City, like the old one but fresher.

I hate to support the eagle but it did have historical significance and was used by City initially in the late 1950s. We didn't wear it on shirts back then but it did appear on club publications. It was also worn by MUFC in the 1958 fa cup final and so when it was introduced in 1997 I was not a fan of it, but it did have historical significance. On the rose, it actually appears on the Manchester coat of arms too, so it is Mancunian as much as the ship.

I have a little blue book somewhere with the eagle embossed on it. I am sure it has Denis law info inside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.