How many points to win the league?

I can’t quite fathom why everybody is so nervous. We’re in arguably the most incredible of positions, with some very favourable games coming up. We need seven wins maximum to win the league. United haven’t put a solid run together all season, and people think they’ll suddenly win twelve in a row?

Typical City is in the DNA for many... I'm 55 this year and feel nervous about the Leicester game... I don't think it's a bad thing

I'm 56 this year and I feel nervous about the Leicester game. Every obstacle looks massive at this stage. It is in our DNA.

We built up this lead during the CL group phase, I expect Utd to concentrate on CL in a few weeks and dropping points in the Prem. We have better players to rotate so we’ll increase the gap IMO.

Stressful? Yes, until it is sorted. However, I’d rather be in our position than anyone else’s, wouldn’t you?

The ONLY thing that haunts me is that NOT winning the league from here would be unbearable, and discussed negatively FOREVER, because I think there is really only one other team that can win it if we don’t.

I think 6 wins will do it. Let’s hope it’s the NEXT 6!
I don’t think I could be less stressed by our current position.

Typical City is in the DNA for many... I'm 55 this year and feel nervous about the Leicester game... I don't think it's a bad thing
It’s not a good thing surely.

I’m looking forward to the game, I’ll enjoy the 90+ minutes.

We’ll both get the same result but I’ll wager I may enjoy the journey of getting there a bit more.

The last two titles everyone said wouldn't it be nice to not be fretting and have a dominant season where we can all relax; now that's exactly what we have, and still the flapping!

If you can't relax watching this current city side playing the best football we've ever played and turning the league into a procession then you never will,it doesn't get better or easier than this folks so sit back chill and enjoy the ride.

The problem of picking up the wins, that is needed to win the league, is that teams at the Etithad will defend in two solid banks of 5. So each home game we will have to score the 1st goal, and as early as possible, so that they will not be able to defend if they need to pick a point. With a lead of 13pts and 36pts to play for we are still not home and dry. If we can pick up 6 wins asap so much the better. It may then allow Pep to play 1 or 2 of the players from the academy in the league. Once the Champions league starts maybe the rags will have their minds on trying to win that trophy, and take their eye of the ball so to speak in the premier league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.