FC Basel V Manchester City - Post-Match Thread

Good for you, put words in my mouth based on fuck all. I'm very rarely negative about City, but at the same time I'm not going to pretend that defensive performance was anywhere near the standard we have set this season, or the standard required for us to win the CL. It was a let off.

Pep has also stated we could have been 2-0 down before we scored and weren't at our best defensively, is he also desperate for us to get knocked out?

No way has he said that. I don't believe if for one second. We were perfect and will stroll to the trophy.

I have no issue with those who want to point out flaws like defending simple over-the-top balls or whatever, but when one does so without recognizing Kun's distribution, Gundogan's trickery, Walker's remarkable runs, Fernandinho's tackles then it make you look like at best a sour churl and at worst a fucking dickhead.

And those who have pointed out that at 4-0 getting some game time for those who have been out is smart football are right. David and Leroy looked rusty, eh? Gee, you think?!?

You want to criticize after a 0-4 away win in CL against a decent side when we absolutely need a breather in leg 2, and you want to call out negative specifics, fine -- then do so for both the bad AND the good, not just nitpicking the mistakes along with the generic "I'm happy we won, but . . ." shite.
A bit harsh mate, as many of us did just that in the match day thread (lots of praise offered) and didn’t think it was necessary to copy that here to justify discussing ways we could improve on the performance.

Genuinely surprised with the reaction to fairly moderate, valid opinions in here tonight.

Liverpool away?

It's great that we won and it sounds like we were great going forward (haven't seen it yet), but it's not a crime to recognize deficiencies - we'd all better hope Pep analyses our defensive performance more critically that the average poster.

so you didn't see, feel you can't comment on the good points but feel you have enough first-hand information to have a go on the "bad bits".

Although I feel we have to play them, to prove the last statement, I agree.
It boils my piss when people come out with the old media crap, that we'll have to play better against better sides.
No shit Sherlock and we will. We switched off at times tonight and that's not surprising considering the opposition.

Top class that. A difficult pitch and they never stopped running.
We have to keep bernardo in the team, he gets better and better and rarely wastes a ball, he looked good tonight and links well with walker.

Now think very hard, do you mean ironic or iconic?
And that response tells me you have no idea what you are talking about but just want to bring attention to yourself so it’s time to end the conversation.

4-0 without actually playing that well. Still decent though.
A great win. Looked like we could/would have gone up a few more gears.
Happy days!

We were never going to play at the same level v Basel away as we did v Chelsea away earlier on in the season. And we didn’t need to. They’re human beings. Usain Bolt ain’t breaking world records in the fathers’ race at his kid’s sports day (slightly disrespectful to Basel there). It was ace, not perfect and didn’t need to be perfect cos it was one of the easiest draws in the round and the players knew that just like we did. Giant killing wouldn’t exist if footballers were robots and price=processing power.

That bluinsa is the cause of s lot of it. Pathetic for a so called moderator. People post reasoned thoughts on our defence going forward into the competition and he decides to ridicule rather than giving a reasonable post in reply. Then it all descends into bullshit.

Ah well, he will be able to clean the thread up later. haha.

Stop your fucking crying.

Im a poster first and foremost on here and have been since 2008 and im admin 2nd.

I'm not the only one to call you out on your bullshit either so why you feel the need to bring me being a mod into anything is frankly fucking embarrassing for you.

You want a forum were you can say what you want? You have it as long as its within the code of conduct.

You want a forum where your opinion is never challenged? Tough you are in the wrong place.

Feel a post has overstepped the mark, including mine? Report them instead of moaning on the open forum, especially when its mod bashing which incidentally is against the code of conduct but i will let you off tonight seeing you are oh so hard done by.

I can’t speak for anyone else but my concerns have nothing to do with that or “giving 100%”. It was about some of the bad decisions we were making toward the end that lead to good chances for Basel.

And I am positive Pep will have noted them as well and will be working on them with the team.
I wasn't having a go at you your a good poster, we played a team to beat what was in font of us, it's hard to keep that intensity up when your 0-4, I'd love the perfect performance but it's a fucking rare thing in football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.