Club statement regarding Barry Bennell's conviction

He used to come and watch us when we were young, i remember him always in a nice car. My dad was involved in our club and i think even then people were wary of him. i know a couple of my mates that stayed at his house and he took them to various clubs. I'm sure something must have happened looking at how widespread the abuse was. But you never know they might have been the lucky ones. One of them since committed suicide
I know of a couple of the adults mentioned also, Frank Roper who is now dead. A couple of lads that played for him, and they all seemed to have a troubled late teens and early 20's. Hopefully nothing to do with this

The club needs to shop in anyone linked without a doubt, not arsed about how bad it reflects on the name of the club. All that matters is these boys now men get justice. This sounds every bit as bad as the Jimmy Saville cover up.

RIP to the men that took their lives at the hands of that monster.

Personally I could not give two fucks about City with this. This is far more serious than our football club, as much as I love City I would rather we were closed down and get the real truth out so lads could maybe get some relief from the horrors inflicted upon them

I lived close to Bennell, my mum and his mum were friends. Toffee Balls from here lived round the corner from him (if he still posts I will leave his thoughts for him to post) We played football with his younger brother. His older brother was a **** who murdered two girls, one was with my Aunty the night he did the first girl and the coward hung himself. His mum had to move, she told my mum she had tried really hard to bring her boys up properly. She is a victim of the bastard too. Hounded out of her home, had to get a new identity and move on. Not seen the younger brother for years, maybe he has done the same. Last time I saw him was over 20 years ago and he had a pub in Worsley.

My mate was coached by Bennell and drank himself to death aged 29. He never spoke about it, but it makes sense now. The bastard had reduced a decent very talented young footballer into a shell of himself. A fair number of lads from my area where involved with Bennell. He was well known in our area. I remember as a kid my mum crossing the road and telling me to avoid him, he was not a nice man she said.

I'm angry this morning, I'm not a violent man at all, but I could quite easily disembowel the **** and have no regrets at all.

Well said. Although we aren't the 'same' club nowadays. Whoever has tried to cover up the actions of this **** needs to be prosecuted.

The club needs to shop in anyone linked without a doubt, not arsed about how bad it reflects on the name of the club. All that matters is these boys now men get justice. This sounds every bit as bad as the Jimmy Saville cover up.

Spot on.

It wasn't a City employee. But he was allowed to use our club's name as it suited us to do so. We are then responsible if people report concerns and they are not acted upon/brushed aside. Especially as he went on to abuse further afterwards.

If this is true (and it looks like it) the club need to pay settlements to all young people affected (proven in court) and apologise profusely. Morally and PR wise it is the right thing to do.

Botm mate

I really hope the pedos in every club grooming kids and abusing are now arrested.......sounds like there are loads......

The 60's 70's and 80's were a bad dangerous time for children.......

teachers hitting kids was my only bugbear as I copped for that a lot.

Was Broome ever associated with Tameside Schoolboys? I’m a little foggy on the name, but I think I might know who he was. Broome rings a bell.

Need to know if he was one of the adults who ran Tameside Boys (U-14s, I think) around 1977. Steve Nolan (Daily Express) seems to know him, and the description sounds like him.

Any help with ANY information would be helpful, as I may know a few things about him IF it is the same guy. If not, there was another kiddie fiddler out there preying on young lads trying to get on with City and others. I know of two. I was playing with Sunderland at the time.

ANY info on Broome would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have you contacted the club? If this was Broome then I'm sure they'd be able to shed some insight on this; if it wasn't him then they at least will know the right people to find out who it actually was.

That particular profession has been getting away with that for centuries.

‘Spotlight’ is a cracking film about the true story of a Boston newspaper uncovering a scandal over there and eventually worldwide.
Fair few paedo priests at St Bede's in the 70s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.